Saying you have tattooed on you?

Options

Replies

• findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I have a line from the song bridge over troubled water by paul simon then my Dad's initials KBK on my left side of my body on my rib cage... so
    "Im sailing right behind KBK"

My died died in a drowning accident 3 years ago when I was 22 and he was 58... that was the song we had at his funeral... it was also the song mum walked up the aisle to at their wedding... Dad is like my bridge over troubled water and i love that line.... "if you need a friend, im sailing right behind" ...it means Dad is always with me and i like the sailing element re the connection to water (as he was a fisherman)

i love it... ouch it hurt though :/

This made me cry. Beautiful.
  • Erinslove
    Erinslove Posts: 139
    Options
    I have two with words. one is just "love" on my left wrist. Serving as a reminder to love myself. The other is on my collar bone area and says "Nothing is Impossible" IMG02040-20110730-2019.jpg

LOVE THIS!!!!!

Yep, this one.

This tattoo is gorgeous. I adore it!
  • skeetpea
    skeetpea Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    2012-03-05_18-17-06_41.jpg

mine is the interpretation of the word 'lucky' in Irish Gaelic. I've always been proud of my Irish heritage and this is my 3rd 'Irish' themed tattoo. I have 5 all together. I always said that when I get down to goal weight I am going to get a large rib tattoo on my left side. I want it to incorporate some lyrics from the Mumford & Sons song, After the Storm. "And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears. And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears. Get over your hill and see what you find there, With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair."
    I don't think I can wait til goal weight for another tattoo though! :tongue:
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I have one that says, "Je Suis Preist" on my chest. Means, "I am Ready"

I have another on my arm that says "JOY" and it is crossed out. LOL I'm a nut job.

'sometimes you feel like a nut (almond joy) sometimes you don't, almond joy's gots nuts, mounds don't' :laugh: I like "Je Suis Preist" :wink:
  • birdieintx
    birdieintx Posts: 298
    Options
    tattoo.jpg

It says "mind thy head"
  • afordham
    afordham Posts: 22
    Options
    The girl that has nothing is impossible on her collar bone.. love that! And the placement of it!
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Got this when i moved to the US. I guess it's a saying ;)

1546455564_l.jpg

If I have pics on photobucket.com how do i upload them to reply and show my tats on this post???
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options

If I have pics on photobucket.com how do i upload them to reply and show my tats on this post???

here's the How To for posting pictures:

PHOTO HELP
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/104076-posting-pictures-on-the-boards-tutorial
  • hxcburrito
    Options
    armtat-1.jpg
  • wave143j
    wave143j Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Mine says "Deirfiúr Mhór" with a Celtic shaped flower. It means older sister in Irish Gaelic. My sister has the same flower but her's says "deirfiúr bheag". Sorry I don't have pics.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options

here's the How To for posting pictures:

PHOTO HELP
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/104076-posting-pictures-on-the-boards-tutorial

THANKS! I TRIED IT BUT STILL NO PICTURE ALL IT DOES IS HIGHLIGHT THE CODE FOR PPL TO CLICK ON IT TO SEE MY PICS.. HOLY SHIIIIIA...A.DJDFNKDFJA YEA NOT WORKING BUT THANKS :)
  • tingtawn
    tingtawn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have one that goes across my side that says <3 live, laugh, love <3, with the hearts on each side
  • kandyjay
    kandyjay Posts: 265
    Options
    375975_10150510673861061_503236060_11355387_980950663_n.jpg?t=1330996824

"A moment, a love, a dream, a laugh" - it's from the song "Sweet Disposition" by the Temper Trap
    Has a million meanings lol

EDIT - hope this works better.
  • kandyjay
    kandyjay Posts: 265
    Options
    and I dunno how to downsize that pic, sorry
  • Eli06
    Eli06 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have my family Clan Shield ( McDonald) on my right shoulder with my kids names top, bottom, left and right, running down the back of my left arm I have CLANN my right arm I have NEART, they are Scottish Gaelic meaning Family honour, family protector.
  • birdieintx
    birdieintx Posts: 298
    Options
    I'd like to get part of the Desiderata tattooed on me somewhere
  • TexasRaised89
    TexasRaised89 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I will be getting a tattoo in 2 weeks on my side on my ribs. It will say "I Desire"
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    <-- Mine says "every end is just a new beginning"
    WOW I love this saying!
  • KristenStone
    KristenStone Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have the word Survive on my middle upper back. Its from a song that really meant alot. The whole phrase is "how we survive is what makes us who we are". I didn't want to get the entire thing but Survive really does something for me. Especially when I was about to give birth-my aunt told me to "suck it up! You can survive this-just like your tattoo says!" Hahaha It kinda helped.