Darn Costco! LOL

Options
klb620
klb620 Posts: 28 Member
I really hate to admit this, but there are just some samples at Costco that I cannot pass up......today it was a 1/2 of a cheese and spinach ravioli, and a smidgen of chicken stuffed with spinach and broc. and cheese.....

I never know how to log those calories, so I usually just end up guessing and put like 200 misc calories under snack...hoping that I'm close and/or ate less than that.

How about you all.....do you log every single bite of everything? I have really been trying to.

Replies

• harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I will log it but I guess at it. Whenever we have a 'food day' at the office where all kinds of good stuff magically appears, I will nibble all day unfortunately. Unless your doing it everyday, just guess at it. You'll be fine. Why is it Costco almost never has samples of healthy stuff? LOL
  • JenMarie8781
    JenMarie8781 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I usually log everything ... but it really depends on what it is. For example, my dad came over yesterday and brought some of those new Chicken McBites for the kids. I don't eat at McDonald's so I hadn't tried them and I just wanted to see if they were any good so I ate ONE little piece. I didn't log it. And it wasn't that great. lol
  • Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Was just at Costco today with warm chocolate chip cookies right inside the door!!! Who can say no to a bite of warm chocolate chip cookie?!?!?! I try to log every bite, but had forgotten about that bite until I saw your post. UGH! :)
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Eh, I don't usually bother with that stuff, because I rarely sample and I'm always way under my calories. Plus I overestimate what I eat and underestimate my calorie burn anyways.
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    i know what you mean! i can't pass up LOTS of samples at costco. I dont know if they have it at yours, but at mine they have these INCREDIBLE seafood dips (maryland blue crab, maine lobster, and smoked salmon) and OMG i go back for seconds and thirds.

for most of the samples, they're small enough that i consider the load i'm pushing around, the running children i'm avoiding, and the speed walking (from one sample to the next) to pretty much negate what i consume -- except things that i go back and get MORE of like the seafood dips, then i calculate it while i'm there (approximating how much i've eaten : such as 3 tbs of the dip if i have each flavor twice) etc.

I know people will probably freak out at me because i dont log every single sample i eat but i honestly don't care. Shopping at costco is a WORK OUT, so they cancel out. :)
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    In all my years I've NEVER been to Costco! I feel deprived-____-
    Aaand, no. I don't log every last bite that goes into my mouth. Today I saw a bowl of popcorn sitting on the table, fresh and hot. Instinctly I had 3 or 4 pieces and that's not logged :b
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I <3 those ravilios. I make them with a shredded chicken and vodka cream marinara, omg. I have to do a nice run to earn that dinner, but it's worth it.
    Check out costco's "energy bar," basically a bagel bar with nuts and dried fruit in it. 216 cals, 8 grams protein. Quick and easy, and so great for morning with a tablespoon of peanut butter.
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I really try to log EVERYTHING, even if it's just a bite. And actually I think that helps me to NOT snack so much, because seriously sometimes I look at something I'm about to eat and be like, "ugh, i don't want to have to log this later" bc I get kind of lazy :) So I think it's helpful to log everything!
  • Devonanne
    Devonanne Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am the annoying person who clogs up the sample lineups at Costco to check the nutrition info on whatever they're serving..haha. So yes I log everything as closely as I can. If I can't find any nutrition info, I guesstimate. On more than one Sunday afternoon I have eaten a full lunch composed entirely of Coscto samples :D
  • lja20
    lja20 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was just there yesterday and did the same thing! I estimate the calories and log that kind of thing in the Quick add calories in the snack section.