is it bad..

Options
That I want to put it in someones face that YES, I am working out and succeeding at it? I had some friends from college-- and when she found out I was losing weight she asked how much, and I thought she was being sinceire. Well boy was I wrong. She wanted to know so she could go talk **** about me and tell people how "fat" i was and that I could never do it. Well I've lost 60 lbs and am still going strong! And I honestly just want to put it in her face, and show her that I did it. But, I hate negativity and "toxic" relationships, so I don't know that this is the best decision on my part. But I feel like I want to be like "hey, you talked **** and look at me now."

Advice please :)

Replies

• neesa11
    neesa11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The best revenge is succeeding! and you already are you really are an inspiration so forget her the reason she is talkin is because she is jealous and unhappy with her own life. Really you should pity her because she does not have anything going on in her life so she needs to try and bring others down
  • goblue443
    goblue443 Posts: 50
    Options
    I tend to not like "toxic" relationships either, my opinion (and what I would do), is to just totally ignore her and put her out of your life. You have clearly shown that you are a strong woman, rise above her bull! She doesn't deserve a thought it your head (except maybe in the back of your mind to keep you going during workouts haha). There's no better way to show her who's right than by showing her you're the more mature person and that you're so much better than her she doesn't deserve any time out of your day!
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'd be the exact same and it's because of people like this that makes me get up off my *kitten* and go to the gym! I had one friend who told me I didn't need to lose weight because I had a pretty face and lads wouldn't chat her up if we were out together and I was slim.

She's a uk size 4/6... Needless to say (even though I have a bf) I plan on getting fit and looking *kitten* hot and hope that I see her on a night out!
  • neesa11
    neesa11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Dont even give her the satisfaction ... you are so much classier than her and saying something to her is admitting that she got to you ... don't give trash your time
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Dont even give her the satisfaction ... you are so much classier than her and saying something to her is admitting that she got to you ... don't give trash your time
    agreed! Your success will say more to her than your words anyways!
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options

Aww I love you all :) Thank you :) That is just what I will do!! :)
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Serves her right.

(I don't condone punching anyone in the face.)

Bahaha. I hope nobody takes this seriously. My period turns me into a wannabe drama mama.
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Ignoring her is good but if you really feel the need to say something, try this little dig. Tell her how much you've lost up till now, that this website has really helped you & then ask her if she would like the web address.
  • Kristena2009
    Kristena2009 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd say she really isn't worth your time either. But to be honest, when you succeed she is going to notice. If she cares enough to talk trash about you then she's going to notice how great you've been doing and you won't need to rub her face in it. Actually not giving her the time of day and showing that you are just doing it for yourself and that she didn't bother you will probably be the most frustrating for her because it shows that what she says really doesn't matter.

But I can totally understand where you are coming from. My boyfriend (who i love dearly but this one time didn't choose his words wisely) said oh really how long are you going to last this time? (referring to my many failed attempts before) when I had told him I was going to start working out daily. It made me want to succeed just so i could rub his face in it and prove him wrong.

You just have to remember that this is for you and haters are gonna hate. You can do this and you can still rub it in their face a little bit by kicking butt and showing how confident and amazing you are :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Let go, let go, let go.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your time. She knows you are doing well and is probably telling everyone you'll just gain it all back- mean people are like that. Living well is the best revenge.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    F 'em....
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    She is only talking down about you because she is jealous or insecure for her own reasons and it pushes her buttons that your succeeding with your weight loss. Keep it up girl, it already bothers her that your achieveing a heatlthier you. No need to put it in her faces, she knows, best revenge keep it up!!!!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    If she asks you again how much you've lost, just say "I dont know, how much do you weigh?" and walk away.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Don't let her have this much control over your feelings. Don't let her into your thoughts.
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    Ignoring her is good but if you really feel the need to say something, try this little dig. Tell her how much you've lost up till now, that this website has really helped you & then ask her if she would like the web address.

OMG .. that is GOOD! lol
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Don't say anything to her. Just keep losing. The looks on her face the next time she sees you will be more than enough. Trust me on this one. Just keep going, and eff her!
  • amyallenstockwell
    amyallenstockwell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I agree. Don't say anything. Enjoy your success. You are the one who has to live with you. Prove her wrong and do what is best for you. When someone shows you who they really are, believe them and keep that in mind in your dealings with her, but find a way to casually limit your time with her.
    You are doing great. Look at this as a test for you on so many levels. You can Ace the test!