I just found out I am deficient in Vitamine d and Testostero

Options
2»

Replies

• islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Is your body just not making it? It's the only vitamin your body can actually produce itself, and all you have to do is step out into the sun for 10-30 min without sunscreen (depending on how fair you are...really fair just 10 min a day should be enough, the darker you are the longer you need to stay in the sun) with about 20% of your body uncovered. You can overdose on vit D as a supplement but your body will never make too much.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    If you are truly deficient in Vitamin D you may have symptoms. For me it was cognizant impairment. Like forgetting words you normally use in conversation. Feeling like a zombie no matter how much sleep you get. Pressure in your neck and head (like it's in a vice, but not a headache). This went on for almost 3 years. My family doctor thought I was "just complaining" for no reason. Finally, he sent me to a neurologist and the neurologist ordered the tests and made the diagnosis. Pisses me off that my doctor strung me along for 3 years because he thought I was just complaining. The neurologist started me on 4000IU per day, then after a month it was still a bit low and now I am taking 6000IU per day. Finally, I feel SO much better! I thought I was going to be a blithering zombie for the rest of my life.

Edit: As far as stopping weight loss? I just know I wasn't motivated to try to lose weight with the way I felt.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I have problems with low testosterone, so I try to eat foods high in zinc, b6, magnesium, etc that are used to produce it.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek98.htm
    http://www.ehow.com/about_5535406_list-vitamins-boost-testosterone.html
    http://www.libido-increasing-food.com/
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Is your body just not making it? It's the only vitamin your body can actually produce itself, and all you have to do is step out into the sun for 10-30 min without sunscreen (depending on how fair you are...really fair just 10 min a day should be enough, the darker you are the longer you need to stay in the sun) with about 20% of your body uncovered. You can overdose on vit D as a supplement but your body will never make too much.
    the problem is most people don't go outside enough, especially in the winter time in colder climates.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    the problem is most people don't go outside enough, especially in the winter time in colder climates.

Medications can also deplete Vitamin D.
  • geezer99
    geezer99 Posts: 92
    Options
    Without a doctor's test it is probably ok to take 1,000 IU (International Units) of D3 per day, but it is possible to overdose, so don't start taking mega-doses without medical supervision. And remember, the farther north you are, the less likely that your body makes enough on its own.
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Oh I know all about being too cold...I'm from Connecticut.
  • OhioMade
    OhioMade Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Try natural supps to enhance your testosterone production before starting on a hormone therapy...once you start therapy, your body wont produce much testosterone and you will have to remain on the therapy.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    testersone.. plays a bnig part in a man's energy lvl... and sadly wwe loose it naturally as we get older.. sure you'r Dr. either prescribed you replacement therapy or at least recommended it to you... don't feel bad.. both are easily fixed..

Most guys on HRT for testosterone should roll with it and start lifting like champs!
    Also make sure to change your fat intake to get the vitamins into the system better!
    2% up to whole milk and fatty fish/meat!
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Get your D form the sun, it will make you happy, I think the sugjested amount of time in the sun is like for like 15 minutes a day, Sense I have been spending more time in the sun I feel really happy and so I have been way more active and my hair looks great, really shiny
  • spudman1232
    Options
    Here's a dumb question, is that blood test something they test at a physical or do you have to ask for it?

I told him I was feeling sluggish and it seems the weight was not coming off. He requested it.