Can someone please give me some feedback on my diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    Sounds like my story! omgoodness
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    Hi! I looked at you food journal and it looks like you are eating pretty well but I would suggest eating a lot more greens like kale, collards, spinach, ect. I would also suggest drinking plenty of water and changing up your fitness routine. Try doing some cardio or swimming.
  • miya727
    miya727 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My workout routine looks like this: mon, weds,fri: HIIT calisthenics/plyometrics/strength for 30-45 mins, i never do the same workout routine, i always try to shock my body with different routines, i end with 15-20 mins of cardio. Tues-thurs i either do cardio, like a dance class, or Hiit on bike or tread mill. I do have to eat way more greeens though :smile:
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Your workout routine sounds pretty good - so you're just got to tighten up in the nutrition department :)

A food scale can be helpful for measuring meats, cheeses and the like when it comes to ounces or grams (that's what I find it useful for personally). For grains and liquids, it's rather easy to measure by simply using measuring cups.

As for logging your veggies - they contribute to fiber and protein intake, as well as carbs (some veggies are high in carbs, some or not), to get an overall picture of what you're REALLY eating each day and how you're coming in with your macros, it certainly is better to log them as opposed to not!

An easy way to go about planning your meals would be to try and incorporate a protein, 1 or 2 servings of veggies, and a healthy starch with each meal. If you're trying to lay off the carbs in the evening, up the veggies. There are SO many ways to make them (steamed, baked, broiled, grilled) that the possibilities are endless. For snacks try to pair a carb with a protein ie apple with peanut butter or nuts, cheese with whole grains, carrots with a dip made from Greek yogurt, etc.

The way I've started looking at my nutrition is by repeating this over and over: "failing to plan is planning to fail". Cheesy? Sure. Accurate? You bet! Any days that I don't have a set plan as to what I want to eat, or if I let fresn produce and healthy choices get to the bare minimum in my house, I make poor choices.

Good luck! :)
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bump