Ideas for lunch?

Options
Hey I was wondering if anyone had good ideas for lunch that are NOT salads. I eat tuna with crackers or turkey sandwiches but beyond that, I really can't think of anything. Guess I'm not very creative :/
Thanks!

Replies

• Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You can have anything at any time of the day I believe. Have Scrambled Eggs with your fish? Have a Jacket Potato to fill you up a bit. Just be careful with what toppings you add though :D

Try Stuffed Peppers. I've made these twice now, one with Scrambled Eggs and the other with Chicken Savoury Rice. I prefer the Scrambled Egg version because it's less messy.

Try wraps instead of sandwiches, or try them in pita? Make pizza's with pita bread? Add tons of veggies with chicken, tuna, or lean ham.

Try pasta, it's quick and easy. Just get some passata, wholewheat pasta (I like penne), add some lean meats, some vegetables. Or try a Bolognese with Lean Minced Meat.

Stir Fry's? Use Rice Noodles instead of Egg Noodles. I sometimes don't have Noodles at all and just have the fish, chicken, or other meat.
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    How about some nice homemade soup??
  • pagham
    pagham Posts: 29
    Options
    Two egg omelette. I also fry a bit of chopped onion using that spray oil, plus a few mushrooms (or I cook these in the microwave - I prefer the flavour this way). Chop up 50g of pre-sliced ham which is only approx 50 calories and put them inside the omelette which folded in half. I also have 100g of tomatoes on the side - hardly adds any extra calories but makes more of a meal of it.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    How about some nice homemade soup??

I made some at the weekend......enough for lunch every day this week. Just add a couple of crackers & a piece of fruit for a filling lunch.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    egg salad, chicken salad, apple with cheese and ham slices, low fat chili, turkey or veggie burger, taco bell fresca menu or homemade tacos, bean burrito, no cheese and lots of veggies, a veggie wrap, oh and my fav grilled tortilla with turkey and a little lowfat cheese quesadilla, yum! so many possibilites, hungrygirl.com
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I make a super salad. watercress, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, sweetcorn, sundried tomatoes, olives, cucumber, basically anything you can think of. It's super filling and I make a massive bowl so it lasts a few days. I also make soups in my slow cooker and freeze a bunch. I always struggle with lunch because I like to stay away from breads/pastas so this is perfect for me. I find lentil soup (chuck in some carrots, onions, cumin, ground coriander and veg stock) really fills me up
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    if you use the best foods low fat mayo its like 15 cals a serving!
    egg salad, chicken salad, apple with cheese and ham slices, low fat chili, turkey or veggie burger, taco bell fresca menu or homemade tacos, bean burrito, no cheese and lots of veggies, a veggie wrap, oh and my fav grilled tortilla with turkey and a little lowfat cheese quesadilla, yum! so many possibilites, hungrygirl.com
  • timjai
    timjai Posts: 113
    Options
    I've got scrambled egg and chorizo on toasted warburton thins today, 'mazing and fully recommended :D
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i made a lovely resh butternut squash and sweet potato soup at weekend, and measured some out and popped in freezer - today for lunch i have 1 serving of this, with some home-made bread

soup is approx 200cals a serving, pure veg and low-salt stock, although i wanna make my own stock in future :o)
  • SparklingLisa
    SparklingLisa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like re-fried beans mixed with a really good salsa with a little cheese on top. I dip a few tortilla chips, because I LOVE tortilla chips! Lots of protein and fiber and filling!
  • Nymeria42
    Nymeria42 Posts: 21
    Options
    Awesome ideas! Thanks everyone!