COME ONE, COME ALL [the venting thread]

Options
2»

Replies

• get0fit0freak
    get0fit0freak Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hate the fact that I have worked so stinking hard to loose all this weight to have had a two month set back. I have lost over 100lbs over 4 years. I havent gained that I know of but I am so pi**ed off at myself grrrr.
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    How about this one "hey big guy" "yo, big guy" "how's it going big guy"? I hate hate hate it when people use the term "big guy" They would NEVER say it to a woman. Ugh
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I hate that I have to work tonight. I have a week of vacay week after next and I just want it to happen now. Waah.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    When I decided to finally share the good news of my weight loss so far with my best friend, she said these EXACT words:

"Oh, I didn't notice..... Your face is still chubby though! (annoying laugh)"

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Even though I know she was joking in that moment, I felt like crying, punching her, screaming at her, and a billion other things because I was sharing something so personal with her. Has anyone else every go through something like that?

Keep Calm and Carry On (ugh...),
    Anna
  • jlanead1941
    Options
    Thank you for posting this, my Grandson is 14 yrs old and over-weight, I call him big guy all the time. I don't say it to be mean or refer to his weight, he is also very tall. But maybe he is offended and I don't realize it, I will be more sensitive in the future.
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I go for months and months with a healthy life style (a life style not a race, slowly losing, getting healthier, still enjoying food but not out of control) and then work gets stressful and winter gets long and I start to doubt whether I can maintain my good habits.

But thank you for this thread, because I am going to use it as a stepping stone to feel bad for five more minutes (without eating) and then I am going to win tonight's battle!
  • ozzcrow
    ozzcrow Posts: 7
    Options
    I hate that some people can eat anything they want and not gain weight. Why couldn't I be one of those people......... I hate when people say or you look fine. I do not look fine, I hate the way I look.
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I hated the comments when I got close to goal the first time (over 110 lb lost) - "Now you can eat what you want" Now you can eat normal" "Now......... fill in the blank". Never, ever. I also know Now - my normal isn't the same as theirs. Now - I'm not the one huffing and puffing from just walking. Now - I'm not the one riding around in the chair!
  • amyup
    amyup Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people tell me i'm "obsessed" because I enjoy my workouts or am always striving to do better. I post on fb that i'm psyched about a workout and people actually tell me I need an intervention. Where was that *^*%^& intervention when I was 50 lbs overweight!!

I believe many of our "friends" hate that we remind them of their bad habits. I've already lost a friend or two over this.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I hated the comments when I got close to goal the first time (over 110 lb lost) - "Now you can eat what you want" Now you can eat normal" "Now......... fill in the blank". Never, ever. I also know Now - my normal isn't the same as theirs. Now - I'm not the one huffing and puffing from just walking. Now - I'm not the one riding around in the chair!

That's a great way to look at it!

I hate it when people call me a "skinny minny". Yes, it seems like a compliment - but let's face the facts! I'm still fat lol. It's something I'm working on.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    I hate that eventhough I'm losing weight I can't see a difference. Everyone else can but I can't!! Omg, I'm doing this for myself and I should be able to see the damn difference. :angry:

even though i am in a size 6 now.. i used to be a 16.. i still see the size 16 in the mirror.. i see very little difference! wtf! i know in my head im smaller.. but all i see is stomach and fat thieghts.. i have been told eventually.. i will like my new body..
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    I hate that the two sides of my body are DISPROPORTIONATE when it comes to my stomach. It's like my own personal before and after, and I know it won't go away until I lose quite a few more pounds, but it pisses me off!! :mad: If both sides looked like the left, I would be so much happier looking at myself in the mirror. Grrr!
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I hate that the two sides of my body are DISPROPORTIONATE when it comes to my stomach. It's like my own personal before and after, and I know it won't go away until I lose quite a few more pounds, but it pisses me off!! :mad: If both sides looked like the left, I would be so much happier looking at myself in the mirror. Grrr!

I know how this is!! Except my top is the disproportionate side lol
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I hate when people comment on my weight loss and then recommend the " " diet. Blood type, no gluten, carb etc. I didn't gain over night.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    When I decided to finally share the good news of my weight loss so far with my best friend, she said these EXACT words:

"Oh, I didn't notice..... Your face is still chubby though! (annoying laugh)"

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Even though I know she was joking in that moment, I felt like crying, punching her, screaming at her, and a billion other things because I was sharing something so personal with her. Has anyone else every go through something like that?

Keep Calm and Carry On (ugh...),
    Anna

17 pounds? Oh she noticed, she must be one of those people where it has to always be about them! Keep it up, and maybe one day you can help others with what you've done. I doubt she has it in her to ever do that. Pay it forward!