The beginning, but not the end. (pics)

Options
This is the beginning, I felt like I looked nice. I knew in my heart I didn't but I didn't know what to do, with lots of prayer, the right things happened to send me on this journey. I ended up on depression meds, then the best thing ever happened, I became diabetic. I don't like needles and the thought of shooting myself in the stomach.. well lets say, I was done. That began my journey, I am no longer diabetic. Not sure what else to say but here i am for the world to see!! Starting weight, 400 lbs. ending weight.. to be determined...

9/2006
cam055.jpg

When enough was enough.. 12/31/2008 My Birthday.. I was done
S7300482.jpg

next stop.. 6/30/2009
IMG00102.jpg

Started lifting weights...(there was a gain of 15 lbs. here 8/2010
383597_327687897243243_100000061052329_1318060_1243402342_n-1.jpg

I panicked with the gain, started doing different things, had a couple injuries and gained a lil more, here I am now wiser and prayerfully back on track.

Here i am now 11/26/2011
2011-11-24151509.jpg

One last note, the interesting thing is, in ALL of these pictures, I felt grossly fat and overweight still, I still saw and sometimes see, that girl in the white shirt. I don't have a goal weight set in stone because i've learned to appreciate every step of the journey, and if i want to retain a nice physique and muscle, i may not fit on that standard chart and thats ok.. in every single picture, after the first 2, I was over 200 lbs. the muscle pic was 250... The number on the scale isn't the end all be all, you also have to take into accoount, your body and muscle mass.. thanks for looking!!

Trina

Replies

• StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    sorry first pic got cut off.. there was MORE me there lol.. I'm learning..
  • jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Nice progress! You look fantastic! You must feel great!:smile:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm so with you when you said you still see the old you. I have the same mental block at times. I've been told it gets better with time. We'll see.

You have done well. I wish you much success in the future.
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, the BEST advice i can give is take the time to appreciate you at every step of the journey. Reflect on how far you've come, stop and think sometimes.

I got so caught up in that number on the scale going down, that I couldn't fully appreciate the milestones, instead of bieng happy i had awesome biceps, I kept staring at the "apron" I could see a shadow of below my shirt and feeling fat because of the number on the scale. Same thing with every picture, all I could see was what was wrong.

from now on.. I will look for all that is right!! Good luck to all!!
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!!! You are beautiful!!!:happy:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You are so rocking this thang and I am so proud of you. I LOVE the title of your post. Your pics are just like you...inspirational!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, and so much younger!!
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: You look so much younger! And look at you rocking those heels!
  • npeters519
    npeters519 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You are making amazing progress! It's easy to forget that this journey is not linear - we can all expect bumps in the road, and we should. What matters is that you have your health and well being in mind and you always find your way back to the course.

A HUGE congrats on kicking the diabetes though! That alone has given you so many years of life!!! Keep up the good work.

Oh, and I think you look beautiful. Love your outfit in that last pic :)
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Keep up the fantastic work...you look amazing!
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!!! keep up the good work!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! Very beautiful! Keep up the great work!
  • amaryaxxx
    amaryaxxx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    well done:wink:
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    nice progress so far, you're an inspiration for others to keep going :)
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Wow. Amazing. And your biceps are HUGE! Keep up the great work.
  • KatesBadAss
    KatesBadAss Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! Very proud of you!!
  • jimmyd57
    jimmyd57 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love that you made the decision in prayer. Not much talk about the spiritual aspect of being healthy. Understanding you are loved by God, regardless of how you look, is great. But also knowing God gave you an awesome created body and wants us all to keep ours in shape is great, too. When people asked how much weight I'm planning on losing I just say, I don't know, God's not finished with me yet.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Do you still have your old jeans? You should do a pic with you in them to show just how many inches you've lost! (It might help provide you a visual of just how far you've actually come when you're feeling like the old you, too.) :smile:

Congrats on the progress!
  • garp4
    garp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are doing a fantastic job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!