Recipes for just two!

Options
Bassafrass80
Bassafrass80 Posts: 69 Member
I'm a single mom and it's just me and my 4 year old daughter eating dinner. It's hard to find recipes for just 2! And alot of stuff doesn't taste so hot frozen and then re-heated. Does anyone know of any recipes for just 2 people. No seafood! :) Thanks!

Replies

• jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    Don't know if you like stir fry or not but I just found this recipe for 2. Sounds good and is low in calories. I'm making this one tonight, can't wait..

http://www.food.com/recipe/very-low-fat-broccoli-chicken-stir-fry-229491
  • Bassafrass80
    Bassafrass80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    that sounds delicious! Thanks! I usually make a chicken stir fry every Monday using broccoli slaw mix. This sounds really good too! Thanks!
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Great idea to use broccoli slaw mix!!! THANKS :)
  • Melalina
    Melalina Posts: 26
    Options
    You might want to try some of Sandra Lee's Money Saving Meals ideas. They're available on FoodNetwork.com, her cookbook by the same name, or by watching the show on FoodNetwork. All of her recipes are designed to taste good when cooked fresh and then reused in some other dish. While she's cooking for four (so the original recipe makes 8 servings frequently), I've halved all of her recipes successfully for my husband and I. One of our favorites is Pan-Fried Pork Chops (which could be easily oven-baked, instead), which then becomes Pork Parmesan sandwiches. Just a thought. . . . :smile: