Food Inc.

Options
Has anyone seen this movie yet? Chipotle paid for people to see it last night and it was the most educational hour and a half of my life. I highly recommend it! ! !

www.foodincmovie.com

The truth is- you will never look at the dinner the same way again!

P.S.
Did you know that Chipotle doesn't have any microwaves or can openers in their restaurants? AND- They have cut the food transportation to 40 miles (from 100+). I think that is pretty impressive!

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Absolutely loved this movie!

If you want more information, check out Pollan's books "The Omnivore's Dilemma" and "In Defense of Food" or Marion Nestle's "What to Eat"
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I will...thanks for the recommendations!
  • byHisgrace
    byHisgrace Posts: 175
    Options
    I am going to see it this weekend, can't wait!
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    I can't find it within 40 miles... how did you locate where to see the film?
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options

My friends told me about it and got us the free tickets...Is there any information/search options on the movie website?
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    I hope it touches on lack of genetic diversity in crops. Because that is something I have always felt strongly about. Also being from a small farming community it would be interesting to see, as I am sure there are biases for both sides depending on who you talk to.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options

For you, it's coming out a week from Friday (the 24th) at Scottsdale, AZ: Camelview 5 Theatre

you can check here:
    http://www.magpictures.com/dates.aspx?id=3e3938d1-b785-4286-9ae0-8eb5952f1480
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options

For you, it's coming out a week from Friday (the 24th) at Scottsdale, AZ: Camelview 5 Theatre

you can check here:
    http://www.magpictures.com/dates.aspx?id=3e3938d1-b785-4286-9ae0-8eb5952f1480

awesome! Thanks!