The Final Meltdown 7.15.09

Options
Good mornin all
I did not get a workout in yesterday because I was just having one of those days and everything my DH did was irritating me to no end.
I will do my second dya of my C25K tonight and I am looking forward to it.
I did not stop again today for a biscuit so that is 2 days in a row that I have not stopped.
I brought a Cherry Pepsi to work today and I noticed I don't really like the tast anymore. I might try giving up soda but I don't know how that will work with my migrains.
Hope yall are having a great day

Replies

• kdblev
    kdblev Posts: 18
    Options
    Sounds like you're making good progress!

I had to give up sodas as well and found that drinking some chai tea helped me to ease of the caffeine without adding any calories or carbonation. Previously I had never been able to wean off caffeine (to the point of full blown withdrawals!) Good luck!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Hi guys.
    Had a really bad day yesterday.
    Had a fight with the hubs on Monday night and it ruined my mood all day yesterday, the scale was up a pound and I just couldn't focus on work. I stayed in my calories though. I didn't work out but this morning I am back down from that pound and then some. So I am feeling better today.
    I am thinking of trying the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels tonight. I had tried it before but couldn't do it. That was before I lost 26lbs and I have been doing Sweatin to the Oldies so maybe my stamina is up a little now. Gonna try it tonight, if it's still too hard I will go back to Richard Simmons.

Have a great day everyone!!

Memaw
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Did my Chalean PUsh workout this morning and then ran outside! Until now I have been doing the treadmill but I am able to go out now that my husband isn't working. I like it much better outside!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    smadag - I know how hard the addictions are to break (soda/ biscuit) I am so proud of you!!!!

memaw-try the shred-you'll be surprised after 2 or 3 times how much futher in it you can get - everytime will get easier...you can do it!!

Eni-I love to run outside too - not sure what I am going to do this winter?! I hate the cold and I want to be outside-we'll see.....

Last night I jogged almost 3 miles to my husbands softball game-it's the first time I've jogged the whole trail rather than intervals - it felt really good - hills and all!
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    smadag - I also have migraines and used to be addicted to coffee and diet sodas. I couldn't even wake up without at least 2 cups. I just gradually lost the taste for it since I started to leave out the sugar and cream :devil: (like you with the cherry coke) and it didn't make my migraines any worse or any more frequent. I still get them on the 1st and last day of the TOM, but they are not any more intense. I wish you luck!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Chrissy you are doing the Race for the cure in a couple months, are you going to walk it or do the 5K run?:laugh:
    Just curios I would love to be able to run it next year when I do it again. I think I am really going to try to give up soda. One of my aunts did it and I know if she can do it so can I she had a bigger addiction to it than I do.
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!! :flowerforyou:

Sounds like everyone is on a positive note today :drinker:

Had a bit of an upset tums yesterday at work, didn't get in all of my food but
    tried for a little something every 2-3 hours

Feeling better this morning, so am going to pack the lunch box as usual and
    see what happens........may have to make a code 3 run to the station!! :tongue:

Am down to 172.0 even this morning.......I've been only getting as low as 173 so
    I'm very happy to see that 3 disappear off the scale! Am now visualizing the numbers
    in the 160's :love:

Have a wonderful day and be true to yourself!

Pam :flowerforyou:
  • Shel4556
    Shel4556 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Lost 4lbs last week just by getting back to my supplements.

Had a bad eating day yesterday. Food all over the office. Usually I do not want it but I partaked yesterday. :(

Back on track. Really would like to hit 148 - 150 by Aug.
  • smadag1
    Options
    OMG
    I just over ate at lunch and now feel yucky. Mexican is my weakness:grumble: . I guess it is a good thing I am running tonight but I might have to do extra to make myself feel better.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Mexican is hard for me too! Just get back on track now, and you will be fine. I just got home from my morning church. Need to do some housework, the the husband and I are taking our grandson and grandniece (both 4 years old) to a rodeo about 90 miles away tonight. Thankfully, it is much cooler today!

Have a wonderful Wednesday, all! And yee haw from cowboyland!
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    ha ha! I laughed about the mexican food because I married one (a Mexican, not a taco)! I've learned to modify recipes I learned from when I lived there so they are not so fatty. I'd be glad to share if you tell me what it is you most like eating:happy:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Chrissy you are doing the Race for the cure in a couple months, are you going to walk it or do the 5K run?:laugh:
    Just curios I would love to be able to run it next year when I do it again. I think I am really going to try to give up soda. One of my aunts did it and I know if she can do it so can I she had a bigger addiction to it than I do.

I am running it!!!! I can't wait! I may actually do 2 of the Race for the Cures - back to back weekends.

I've done great with no soda - you can do it - just WANT to do it!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    OMG
    I just over ate at lunch and now feel yucky. Mexican is my weakness:grumble: . I guess it is a good thing I am running tonight but I might have to do extra to make myself feel better.

MMMMMM Fajita Burrito - YUCK 880 calories.....
  • smadag1
    Options
    I am a sucker for taco's and quesadilla's. The Mexican place down the road from work makes the best plus the chips are killer

Oh yeah what kind of cheese is in Mexican food it is sooooo creamy I am a cheese a holic :laugh:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Fellow cheese oholic here. And enchiladas!

And just about any other mexican food . . .
  • smadag1
    Options
    I DO NOT WANT SODA I WILL NOT HAVE SODA IT IS THE DEVILS DRINK. :laugh:
  • smadag1
    Options
    Chrissy you are my inspiration:flowerforyou: