Turbo Jammers 7/13-7/19

Options
Good Morning Everyone!

Starting off the week with Lean 1 and I've Got Abs later today. Haven't done that ab workout yet, I'll let you know how it goes. Have a great day!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, tagging for later ... I have Turbo Sculpt and Ab Jam for today.
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good afternoon all!
    I missed you guys over the weekend..it was a crazy weekend! We had a ton of people in town...I for once kind of let myself relax and have some fun (Type A personality:) My boyfriend now has a pool at his complex..so now I want to go lay by it all the time!
    On Sat I did some Turbo Jam 20 min and walked..it was my "relax" day so didn't want to push the body too much...plus I am normally active on weekends anyway cleaning, errands, etc!
    Yesterday I ran outside for 70 min (I ran up by Jason's house..NEW route...and a TON of trails in the area..think I"ll be doing my Sun long runs up there) and did CE Burn 1.
    Today I slept in as late night of fireworks..so will do some core this afternoon and then some turbo jam later! TJ is great any time of the day:)
    I completely agree with you guys on some TOM notes last week...I notice that it makes me more irritable and I feel bigger as bloated..so then that causes you to stress and want to eat....darned hormones:)
    Megan: Thanks for the TK info..I think I'll order it in the fall once I get more into my current stuff (although I really want to just get it now;) Keep me updated on your training and workouts...you rock it out girl!
    Ghanie: Way to finish gal..those photos are AWESOME! Way to keep it up..are you doing turbo jam as your primary program now? As far as TOM and P90X..intense workouts can sometimes do that to your cycle..although it's probably best to talk to your doctor on it. I am on the pill now to regulate my body as I used to have a really weird cycle..but I used to kind of be like that too.
    Janet: Welcome back girl...glad to hear you are still rockin it out though! What all does your biggest loser contest entail? That's awesome you got through the plateau...some people hate change so good for you mixing it up!
    Have a great day all!:smile:
    Casey
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Yeah, Turbo Jam will be my primary workout until I decide to do P90X again (probably January). I'll be doing Plyometrics twice every other week so those days and rest days will be the only days I wont be doing Turbo Jam. It's part of my fitness experiment that I've been cooking up the past few weeks, hehe.

No insurance = no doc for me right now, at least not until hubby starts work again. I'm not worried about it though, I actually prefer once every six weeks instead of once every four. Though if I were to go back on the pill, I'll ask for the one that makes you cycle once every 12 weeks :laugh:.
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Hey Girls!
    I finished the evening with a 60 min run/walk. I did the "I've Got Abs" earlier, and liked it. It's alot like the other ab workouts in CE. She uses some weights in this one too which I like.

Casey, glad you let yourself relax (a little) this weekend! I think it's important and balance is something I work really hard at. The pool sounds great! We have one in our development, but with the kids I don't get much chance to relax when I go there! :tongue:

Ghanie, your workout plan sounds great! It's sounds like a really good combination of exercises.

Have a great evening, I'll catch ya in the am!
  • ecrb77
    ecrb77 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hi, I just got Turbo Jam off of Amazon- the 5 Rockin' Workout collection. Does anyone have a good suggestion on an order I do them in, hints or suggestions? I've done the Learn and Burn, 20 Minute and Cardio Party so far- it's so much fun!

Thanks and hope you have a wonderful day!
    ~Erica
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Erika and Welcome!
    After I got the moves down with Learn and Burn, I mostly did the Cardio Party. If I don't have as much time, I love the 20 minute, or sometimes I combine it with Ab Jam, which is a great ab workout! Hope to see you around this thread more often, and good luck with your TJ!!
    Megan
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    I think I enjoy Turbo Sculpt more than Cardio Party. There's less coordination required and it burns more calories.
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning friends! :happy:
    I did some core over lunch yesterday and then did some workouts with girls I coach..then went home and went for a walk..it felt so good after a LONG day! I ran outside this am..little windy but at least no rain:smile:
    I am going to do CE Burn 2 tonight right after work as my family is coming to see me and Jason..we haven't seen them since Christmas! I am going to make my parents some of my Shakeology...they are really working on nutrition (especially my mom) so told them I'd share:)
    Ghanie: Keep me updated with how your "new" workouts are going! As far as the no doctor thing, I really wouldn't worry about it in terms of it hurting you in any way. Just be sure that you are getting proper nutrition, rest, etc. My doctor put me on the ring to regulate my body...greatest thing ever!
    Megan: Way to rock out the new workouts..as always thanks for the feedback! Thanks for the note on balance too..it's good to know I am not the only one that struggles with it! I have a Type A personality..so try to balance my full time job, my part time coaching (which I would love to do FULL time someday!), family, friends, Jason (we are celebrating our one year anniversary this Friday!!!), his friends and family, my house, workouts..etc. Your notes really help! You can come lay by the pool with me anytime:)
    Erica: Great to meet you! When I started...I did the 20 min workout first..and from time to time do the learn and burn to work on form. From there I started incorporating cardio party, punch kick, jam and then the sculpting ones. What were you doing previous to this and what are your goals? That will help me guide you in the right direction on where to go from here!
    Have a great day all!!!
    Casey
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Hey everyone, Plyo X today ... I don't have any new workouts scheduled until Monday but I loved Turbo Sculpt so I expect good things from 3T, Lower Body Sculpt, and PKJ. I'll be alternating through them over the next few weeks.

Have a good one!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning team!:tongue:
    You guys keep me so motivated...you are the best! I did my CE Burn Intervals this am..man does that burn..LOVE IT! The triceps are killer...and those darned lunge jump shots and sumo burpees kill! Think I'll round out my day with part of P90X Yoga (the balance part..pray I don't fall over!)..and then my CE Core and perhaps a short walk:)
    Ghanie: Good for you..I always like to hear what you are up to! I am surprised you don't coach yourself with all your P90X experience...always good to hear from ya!
    Hope all is well with the rest of the team...have a GREAT day!:flowerforyou:
    Casey
  • megan0313
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!

Great job on your workouts! :drinker: Casey, sorry I missed you on BeachBody this morning, I forgot I had to get my daughter up and ready to leave for Floriday at that time. Anyway, I'm on for Lean 2 in a little while and an ab workout, not sure which yet. Then a run this evening. Oh yeah, those burpees are killer!!! That's where my hubby quit on me when he tried that one with me! :laugh: Do you wear a HRM when you do those? I've somehow misplaced mine :blushing: I haven't used it in ages since I knew pretty much what I was burning in all of my workouts, but I feel so much more challenged in the CE cardios than I do in the TJs and I wonder how they compare.

Have a good day!
    :heart:
  • ecrb77
    ecrb77 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hi Casey,

I used to be in shape, but I just graduated from Vet School and during this past year of clinic rotations I was able to find pizza anywhere and my hours were so long (~17 hrs a day!) I really didn't have time to work out. I just started Turbo Jam- I have done learn and burn and the 20 minutes. I got through most of the cardio party- besides the last 5 minutes but I don't think I'm ready for that. I've been doing Yoga for about 2 months but I am really not dropping any weight doing that alone.

This week so far I've been biking for 20-40 minutes a day and either doing Yoga for 20-40 minutes or Turbo Jam for 20. I want to lose about 5 lbs a month until I drop about 25 lbs. How do you suggest I make the most of Turbo Jam?

Thanks for your help!
    Hope you have a great one!
    ~E
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    Hey guys!

Just bumping the thread so I don't lose you! I am still struggling with motivation right now! I have started forcing myself to walk at work and I am finding that I am just too exhausted when I get home to do anything else. Plus, I've been really busy planning my husband's 30th b-day party and my daughter's 7th b-day party. I think that has a lot to do with me being so tired! I am staying within my calories mostly (except for the b-day cake:blushing: ) and I walk 1 mile in the am and 1 mile in the pm at work on my 15 minute breaks, so that is helping me stay on track somewhat! I'll be back soon though!

:drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Today is my mid-week rest day so I did Power Yoga for Flexibility with Rodney Yee today.

Ok Casey, here are my P90X impressions as requested. I don't think a round of this makes me qualified to be a coach ... maybe after next round:

Chest Back - pushups and pullups galore: it's a great calorie burner and very basic. It's the most difficult strength training workout and it's also the first workout scheduled for Classic!

Plyometrics - jumping, squatting, and leaping: this turned out to be one of the most challenging workouts in terms of being able to perform workouts unmodified. I started to be able to follow Pam by the end of my 90 days (demonstrated most of the easier versions of each move) and am hoping to catch up to Eric soon (the guy with one leg). Dom is the crazy leap-frog; I'm hoping to start following him by the end of the year.

Shoulders Arms - mostly weights: this is among the more fun freeweights workouts. There aren't too many "super special" moves in this one so beginners would feel more comfortable with it before any of the other strength training videos.

Yoga X - As a workout it's great. The biggest complaint is that it's long. The first half hour is a killer and is enough for most people. My biggest complaint is that I've done Yoga before and it doesn't feel like yoga; maybe it's all the athletic add-ons (like pushups between up and down dog or kenpo quad stretch in lieu of screaming pidgeon) or lack of direction when it comes to breath. But this one really made me miss my workouts with Rodney Yee. The benefits of strength tweaking and flexibility are all here but I might as well be doing ballet conditioning. In any case, it's one of the workouts I would recommend to anyone "preparing" to do the program.

Legs Back - pullups with leg sets: this is my absolute favorite! We shift from pullups to leg sets back and forth. It took a few weeks to understand the beauty of this workout but once I did I was able to push each set to the max without worry that I'd burn out before the next set. This workout is the essence of muscle confusion.

Kenpo X - this is the fun workout with punch, kick, strike, and block combinations. While I always looked forward to this workout, it started to become "too easy" by the end in keeping up with the group. Though on the last day I found out how to make it harder without investing in wrist and ankle weights; I turned it into an interval workout by doing the first half of each set with the group and the second half at my max pace.

X Stretch - This is among the workouts I recommend if someone is attempting to prepare for P90X as flexibility is of utmost importance. I love the full-body stretch aspect of this video. The leg stretches could use some improvement; it's the one area in which people thrive to improve but it offers few really "deep" stretches.

Core Synergistics - This is supposed to be the most practical strength training workout in its applications to real life situations. But only having it during one week every phase made it a least favorite of mine. It could have been the fancy pushups and plank workouts that was difficult to learn without doing it more often. Maybe it will grow on me more next round.

Chest Shoulders Triceps - pushups and weights: This one has a lot more advanced pushups like the pike press and dive bombers. I prefer Chest and Back to this workout ... it may be the least favorite among women as the triceps easily become visible.

Back Biceps - pullups and weights: I enjoy working on the back and biceps and the burn this workout offers. Some of the pullups are advanced, even for someone with bands. However, this one had one of the lower calorie burns in terms of strength workouts.

Cardio X - This is a great mix of all the cardio workouts. However, when doing doubles, it can get boring after a few weeks considering it's scheduled 3-4 times per week.

Ab Ripper X - While some of the sets worked out my legs and hips more than my abs, I think that's one of the keys to its success. Beginners would do best adding some type of basic ab workout involving crunches to improve the effectiveness of this workout.
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in to say hi! I'm still alive and kicking over here, just been gone on vacation a lot the last few weeks, so haven't had much time to hop on here! I'm taking a little break from Turbo Jam and instead incorporating running. I have always HATED running, but have a good friend that started and motivated me to as well! Now, I love it! I am on week 4 of CE Push Circuit, so still do the Burn Intervals and Abs, but wanted to try something different too to mix up the cardio. Looks like most of you run as well, so now I can join in those discussions!
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hey Erika!
    Nice to see you back! I think we've all added running and other things to our workouts, so you'll fit right in! How are you liking CE? I absolutely love it! I'm in my 3rd week of Lean and going to start over again. I think Push was my favorite phase. And I love the cardio workouts because they're short, but INTENSE!
    Keep up the great work and hope to see you on the thread more now that you're back! :flowerforyou:
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hey guys!

Just bumping the thread so I don't lose you! I am still struggling with motivation right now! I have started forcing myself to walk at work and I am finding that I am just too exhausted when I get home to do anything else. Plus, I've been really busy planning my husband's 30th b-day party and my daughter's 7th b-day party. I think that has a lot to do with me being so tired! I am staying within my calories mostly (except for the b-day cake:blushing: ) and I walk 1 mile in the am and 1 mile in the pm at work on my 15 minute breaks, so that is helping me stay on track somewhat! I'll be back soon though!

:drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:

Glad you're checking in with us! I think walking is a great way to get you through a slump in motivation...and great job staying within you calories too! Sometimes life's obligations can mess up our routines, but it sounds like your doing a great job balancing it all!
  • LeanLisa4U
    LeanLisa4U Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Turbo Jam will be my primary workout until I decide to do P90X again (probably January). I'll be doing Plyometrics twice every other week so those days and rest days will be the only days I wont be doing Turbo Jam. It's part of my fitness experiment that I've been cooking up the past few weeks, hehe.

No insurance = no doc for me right now, at least not until hubby starts work again. I'm not worried about it though, I actually prefer once every six weeks instead of once every four. Though if I were to go back on the pill, I'll ask for the one that makes you cycle once every 12 weeks :laugh:.

Hi, I think you are the one to answer a question I have had for at least the last 2 weeks. I am about 20 pounds over weight, and my body fat about 35%. I ordered P90X and just finished week 7. I admit I struggle with clean eating and overeating. But I gained weight and inches since P90X. I am thinking of going back to my Turbo Jam workouts. Time is a big factor to. I will start back to work in a couple of weeks and won't have the 75 minutes -90 minutes to workout. I also thought of returning the P90 and ordering Slim in 6 or ChaLean. Do you have any suggestions or insights? Would appreciate it. I am just so tired of this battle, thank you.
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning:happy:
    My goodness..lots of posts yesterday..that is awesome! I am so excited I don't even know where to start!:tongue:

Megan: Ugh..you should be sorry missing me yesterday:mad: Haha jk:laugh: I know people get busy..although I do like seeing you in the morning with me! How was your workouts yesterday..way to rock it out girl! Those burpees do kill..but it's the jumping lunges I hate most! I tried to get Jason to do it with me...but he said he wasn't feeling well (sure you weren't:wink: ). They just aren't as tough as us! I wear my heart rate monitor most days all day like a body bugg actually! I find CE does burn more than turbo jam..although not a lot as you incorporate strength with CE..which bring the heart rate down a litlte. So far..running has by far topped my calorie burning! But the strength component of CE will in the end help as my metabolism is better with more muscles:noway: How is turbo kick going?

Erica: Vet school huh? Rockstar..I can imagine that would be hard! I can imagine you were active by your daily activities..it was probably the eating that got you!
    As far as what to do...I incorporate strength, cardio, and flexibility into my programs. So use turbo jams recommended schedule to get in your cardio and part strength..then you can use your yoga and biking to help get in the rest of the cardio to mix it up and the yoga can get you even more strength and flexibility. I usually do cardio 5-6 days a week, strength 2-3 days, and then flexibility as much as possible! If you want me to help you get an exact schedule down, send me a note, catch me on facebook (Casey Fett), or I do coach on the team beach body site (free!). I can help you manage your time to get the most out of it if your time is limited! And welcome..great to see you on here!

CPafford: If you need any help girl we are here for you! I find that if I do things I enjoy I am more likely to do them..even if I am tired (and sometimes it perks me up!). Keep at it girl:happy:

Ghanie: You rock..thanks for the P90X feedback! I will have to copy that and put it in my email! And you don't have to do anything to qualify as a coach..you'd be awesome (so too would Megan!). Honestly..most people start coaching when they start P90X...it's not like you have to be a fitness rockstar. You should think about it...I really enjoy reading your posts and what you are doing..people could learn a lot from you!:happy:

Erika (fitzfour): Way to go on the running! It was a struggle when I first started..but once you get over the initial hump it is great..and HUGE calorie burn! I too incorporate it in with CE...as there are really only 2 days of cardio in there. Great to see you rocking it out!:bigsmile:

Lisa: Hey girl! Of course we can help you! I'll send you a note too...but people often don't lose weight with programs like P90X..it's more on inches (not to say you won't lose weight..but the goal is inches and body fat). It is also very intense and time consuming..it's a GREAT program..but not necessarily for everyone. If you like Chalene on turbo jam (the lead blonde cute gal!) she leads ChaLEAN. I LOVE it...I think the longest day is 45 min and the program allows you to incorporate other cardio with it (I do running and turbo jam). The right program to me is really dependent on your goals and what kind of training style you like! Eating wise...nutrition is def key to meeting goals..just as or more so than the exercise itself. Where do you find you struggle most?

I myself ran this morning..GREAT morning for a run! I am doing my CE Burn 3 tonight...gonna work on my pipes:blushing: I am ready for the weekend..it's cooled down at bit so I could turn off my AC...which is good as I hate AC!

Have a great day all...I hope to hear from all of you:flowerforyou:
    Casey
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Hi, I think you are the one to answer a question I have had for at least the last 2 weeks. I am about 20 pounds over weight, and my body fat about 35%. I ordered P90X and just finished week 7. I admit I struggle with clean eating and overeating. But I gained weight and inches since P90X. I am thinking of going back to my Turbo Jam workouts. Time is a big factor to. I will start back to work in a couple of weeks and won't have the 75 minutes -90 minutes to workout. I also thought of returning the P90 and ordering Slim in 6 or ChaLean. Do you have any suggestions or insights? Would appreciate it. I am just so tired of this battle, thank you.

We have people logging in both ChaLean and Turbo Jam in this group so feel free to join us should you decide to use Turbo Jam while you purge Tony from your system, hehe.

The calorie allowance on ChaLean is most similar to P90X and the workouts are shorter. I think she also schedules an extra day off than P90X. So if I had a vote, it would be ChaLean. But definitely see about finding the source of the overeating and address that ASAP. With all fitness programs, 90% of your success will be based on nutrition.

I'd also like to encourage you to use the tools here on MFP. It's a great system that helps you think of food as fuel rather than a means to fill you up. Here is the checklist for all the basics. I'm sure most of them are mentioned in your other fitness programs but in case they aren't in practice or you need a nudge in that direction, here they are again.

--eat every 2-3 hours
    --eat breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up
    --stop eating within 3-4 hours of going to bed
    --drink half your weight in ounces of water (8-10 glasses minimum)
    --take your multivitamin (I recently read that it's better to take half in the morning and half in the evening ... which could be why most of them require 2 pills these days, hehe)