Silly question. Barefoot workouts.....

Options
2»

Replies

• bound4glory2
    bound4glory2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My workout consists of Dancing With The Stars cardio dance videos. I workout at home too and I absolutely dance in my socks! There are so many spins, pivots, twists, and slides that I found it hard to "glide" or move across the floor in my tennis shoes. Wearing my socks definitely helps me to turn fully and continue the step smoothly. When I use my Ab Circle Pro however, I do wear my tennis shoes....they help me plant my feet for the inner and outer thigh exercise. :-)
    Feel free to add me!
    ~Kelly~
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I found when lifting any real weight that bare feet don't have enough natural grip to prevent my ankle from having a bit of an issue. I don't like lifting in sneakers either, but I found that wrestling shoes work great for me. Plenty of grip and support for the ankle, and no heel in the shoe so my feet are still flat on the floor.

Interesting. I may look into those. Wonder how Vibrams would compare with the wrestling shoe. And Chuck Taylors. I'd love to compare all 3 for weight lifting.

I had never thought about Chuck's and I have two pair.
    I just went to wrestling shoes since I used to wrestle.
    I have never considered Vibrams simply because I have Fred Flinstone feet. I cannot wear loafers or most boat shoes because of how thick and wide my feet are.
    But I use the Asics wrestling shoe. I have had that pair for just lifting for a few years now. And I must admit they are finally getting regular use again after about 6 months of abandonment.
  • Determined523
    Options
    I hate wearing shoes! Gym or not. So if I go to a Zumba class or something, I go in my socks. :)
  • LessJos
    LessJos Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I workout barefoot unless I run or bike. I am doing capoeira which is barefoot anyways and just found that working out feels way better barefoot than with shoes. I feel more grounded. I also do workout DVDs at home barefoot. and my yoga class is barefoot anyways. I joined a Zumba class last week and was wearing shoes. Very odd and awkward. I will try it barefoot tonight. The instructor doesn't recommend it but is fine with me trying. We will see how it goes I guess.
  • shoeloveramber
    shoeloveramber Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I love to workout barefoot but I was having severe knee pain and I linked a lot of it to working out barefoot.

I do pilates barefoot but other than that I put on my sneakers seconds before exercising and the second I am done they come off!