Has anyone tried the Body by Vi shakes?

Options
borichfan
borichfan Posts: 208 Member
I am studying on trying it. It is the meal replacement shakes that is supposed to be better for you than the average shakes such as the Slimfast. The body by vi shakes are little cheaper than the Shakeology shakes. Has anyone tried either one of these shakes? How did it work for you? Do you think they are safe to drink?

Replies

• Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I got mine "free" when I joined a new gym.

They are VERY tasty. Probably the best shake I've ever tried. I wish they came in at least one other flavor though.

They fall short on protein IMHO - they claim they have some special super absorbable protein. I doubt it. I call "marketing shenanigans" on that one. It does have respectable fiber though. Most of these powders don't.

But I think using shakes as a way to lose weight isn't smart. It doesn't teach someone how to eat. It probably isn't something someone could do long-term. These two reasons scream "gain it all back" to me.

I add the powder to my smoothies a few times a week to get some post-workout protein on days I lift heavy.
  • mishellywelly
    Options
    Yeah I am doing them but I noticed that I was hungery after 3 to 4 hours and I thought it's sapposed to stop you from being hungery any one else have this problem????
  • losingthisweight
    Options
    I'm on them and I love them! They keep me full until my next meal but I add fruit and flavor to mine.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I hear they taste really good but honestly you're paying extra for the person selling it to you to make a profit. You can get other delicious protein powders in your local Walmart, drugstore, or GNC for less $$/serving and they will get the job done. Yes it will help you cut back on calories if you replace a meal with it, but you can do that yourself with more affordable protein options or by planning low-calorie meals.
  • brandipotter
    brandipotter Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did 2 shakes a day for about a month. They are really good, but I just got tired of "drinking" my meals. I wanted to eat something and that's why I ended up stopping them.
  • Hi I've been taking these shakes for about 2 weeks and I feel great and healthy!!
    I hate vanilla so what I do is I add one banana, three tbl spoons of naturally sweetened yogurt, milk ( obvi) and some nestle quick chocolate, and it tastes superb!!! Keeps me full longer! Thought I would share my recipe with everyone!!!! I'm not trying to loose weight just maintain it and I haven't gained or lost any I just feel so healthy!!! More energy!! Good luck everyone!!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    2 testimonials for MLM products, both with completely blank profiles, 0 pounds on their tickers and 1 or 2 posts. Seems legit.
  • They are only for a meal replacement your supposed to eat every couple of hours (small meals) I noticed though that after having my shake I could eat right after lol, I replaced my lunch and it seems to equal out my day for food intake... I usually have cereal for breaky, apple and almonds or cheese for my snack, shake for lunch, another snack, then dinner.. I don't know if this will help but, I thought I would try :)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    How about just eating healthy foods at a calorie deficit and exercising? No one gets a BMW, but you still wind up healthy. Shame that this still comes up.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    How about just eating healthy foods at a calorie deficit and exercising? No one gets a BMW, but you still wind up healthy. Shame that this still comes up.

You mean to tell me that people can get in shape with common sense and hard work?! Get out...
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

You mean to tell me that people can get in shape with common sense and hard work?! Get out...

Indeed, and it's to the point that it just annoys me. People see me now and asked me what stupid product I bought into to lose my weight. I told them sweat and hard work. When they turn their heads to the side like a confused dog, I tell them it's the cotton ball and vodka diet.. or to go run over a gypsy and maybe they'll curse the fat off of you.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I tried it and I did loose in the beginning like the first week or 2 and then I was really hungry so I got the vi trim which is supposed to make you fuller for longer and that did not seem to help. In the end I really did not have great success with it. I do buy the stuff every now and then just cause after I make a shake I freeze it and it taste really good. I use it as a ice cream snack and at least its healthy but I don't use it to loose weight with anymore because it really did not work.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    no
  • NickLavato
    Options
    Please Please Please take this BS crap away from here. Meal supplementing is a complete JOKE. When you stop doing this you havent learned how to eat proper meal portions and will gain everything you lose back. Learn how to eat better and exersize.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    In.

And reporting sales pitches. :flowerforyou:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

^ This, plus you save a ton of money by just eating real food.
  • Susantuti
    Susantuti Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    2 testimonials for MLM products, both with completely blank profiles, 0 pounds on their tickers and 1 or 2 posts. Seems legit.

Lol!
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am doing them but I noticed that I was hungery after 3 to 4 hours and I thought it's sapposed to stop you from being hungery any one else have this problem????
    How long do you expect it to last? How far apart are your meals? Have you considered smaller meals more often or snacks in between while still staying under your cal goal for the day? That's what I do.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    ... or to go run over a gypsy and maybe they'll curse the fat off of you.

LOVE!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    In.

And reporting sales pitches. :flowerforyou:
    Already beat ya to it. :smile: