noob alert! 219lbs female

Options
Hi, I just started to day, I am a female 29 years old and I weigh in at 219, to add injury to insult I am merely five feet tall. I am hoping to make some friend so please don't be shy, I can honestly say I need all the help I can get. I have a beautiful little girl, a wonderful husband and I am ready to loose weight and be healthy and happy.

Replies

• sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I am the same height as you and when I joined MFP I was around the same weight.
    I have found MFP very useful as well as an eye opener.
    Feel free to add me.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Although I'm 5'6, I still weighed in close to what you are...i've "restarted" on here a couple of times but always stayed consistent in logging in. You can add me too, Sugarbeans and I are already friends
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It's a journey. Don't rush it. Make small changes you can stick with. Log on everyday even if you are bad. It really helps to see it in black and white. Educate yourself on healthy eating, not fad dieting. Find healthier lower calorie substitutions for the things you love. Check on line for low calorie recipes. Go to the market and spend some time looking at lables. Make it a hobby with a real benefit, thats what I did. Some people scrapbook, this could be yours. Get yourself a food scale it really helps. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP I had signed up here like a yr ago but just restarted like a week ago. I am pretty close to your size too I am 5 ft & 209 lbs but I am older than you though I am 37. You can add me if you want .
  • avwife
    avwife Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you so much! I was so happy to get some friends so quickly, I promise to help however I can. Thank you guys! I am feeling good about this journey now :)
  • loftard1
    loftard1 Posts: 14
    Options
    No worries we were all noobs once. The first step is the hardest the rest is almost cake walk if u need a motivator you cn add me.
  • Tanishbell
    Options
    Hey there! You are not alone. I am in the same boat except I started at 228 and I too am 5 feet tall. I have lost 6 lbs since starting MFP. Feel free to add me we can do this together!
  • mamoojack
    mamoojack Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I have to agree, MFP is my new hobby!! Though I dont have many friends yet, the girls that I am friends with are with me every step of the way!!!! Please feel free to friend me and good liuck!!!! p.s. though older than you, I am approx the same weight, ( i gotta few inches on u!!)