do you ever look down and your body looks bigger than when y

Options
now that I've lost some weight (not finished though!!) I feel like my body is out of proportion. Like my stomach looks big (even though its really smaller) compared to the rest of my body. I know that looking at the scale and doing my measurments will tell me I'm crazy, but every once in a whike I'll look down or in a mirror and think..not much has changed. Anyone else have these crazy thoughts you just have to talk yourself out of?

Replies

• susanrush
    susanrush Posts: 18
    Options
    Eeeeevery day.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    That happens to me sometimes. I look down at my belly and it seems larger than I remembered, but from the mirror it looks normal. I think it might be just a trick of the mind.
  • kaliannaf1
    Options
    That happens to me about everyday.
  • xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have this problem...just keep reminding yourself how much you already lost.
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    When I look down, all I see is boobs. It's a "problem" I'll never mind having.
  • hitmanhsp
    Options
    I feel your pain !,
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    yuppers everyday I think that then keep saying the scale and everything says otherwise. That is how I have somewhat kept my sanity.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    every stinkin day - but it is shrinkin !!!
  • e_NV_y
    e_NV_y Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    yes! daily!! I have lost over 50lbs now but still feel the same.. i mean i know i look different but not extremely different.. I think maybe it has to do with when i was bigger I didnt really notice how big i really was.. I think i have always saw myself this weight now.. Its weird.........
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I feel bigger now than i did at my highest weight, it sucks
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Yes, and that's one reason I like taking progress photos and comparing them. Sometimes I think I look the same as I did 30 pounds ago.... but on the flip side, when was around 160, I thought I looked like I look now. :indifferent:
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    YUP!!!!! use a tape measure instead of the scale and mirror... :)
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I feel that way many times each week...I still see the overweight girl in the mirror pretty often, although I know it's just my eyes playing tricks on me...
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yes, and it sux. Sometimes, I think it is the result of losing fat, but the skin hasn't caught up yet, so the result is worse in some ways. Sometimes I think it is because I am PMS and in a bad mood. Sometimes, I think it is because I am PMS and bloated. Sometimes, I think I have body dysmorphia. Sometimes, I think the calorie gods are out to get me.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I see that with my butt and thighs. I work on them so hard and the fat/bulging/just plain nastyness just doesnt seem to go away. I know it's shrinking b/c I can fit into a lot small pants, but its hard to remember that when i see all the bumps. Sometimes I wonder if it's even possible to get nice shapely thighs and butt. I guess only time will tell. Damn you genetics!!!
  • Maria_Goose
    Maria_Goose Posts: 247
    Options
    I know what you mean.

Sometimes it takes a while for our bodies to re-distribute our fat, especially after losing a great deal of weight and ESPECIALLY if it's lost quickly.

Also, it might be because you've lost weight in certain areas and the smallness of the newly-small areas make the places where you haven't lost weight appear larger.
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    A lot of the time this happens to me too. I'll look at myself one day and think 'hey, you're looking really good!', and then a day or two later I feel as though I looked like I did at 140 pounds. Same weight, same measurements, clothes feel the same as they did a couple of days before, but something in my brain goes *click* and suddenly all I can see is the heavier lazy me again.
  • Stephisonaroll
    Options
    That happens to me sometimes. I look down at my belly and it seems larger than I remembered, but from the mirror it looks normal. I think it might be just a trick of the mind.

this drives me nuts!!!
  • Stephisonaroll
    Options
    yes! daily!! I have lost over 50lbs now but still feel the same.. i mean i know i look different but not extremely different.. I think maybe it has to do with when i was bigger I didnt really notice how big i really was.. I think i have always saw myself this weight now.. Its weird.........

I'm guilty of this too. I was nearly 200lbs but never really thought I was THAT big. I knew I could afford to lose some lbs but didn't think much of it..it's strange how our minds work huh?