TMI....How often do you....

Options
Pee?

I know I should make an appointment for a general check up anyway and this could mean something is wrong but I find myself having to pee quite often....

today for example I went when I got up at 730, then again before I left for work at 845, then around 1030, then I know I went at least once between then and 1, I went at 1 while getting ready to the gym, 1/2 way to the gym I had to go again so I went as soon as I got to the gym, I did the arc trainer for 30 min and some strength training (about 30 min) before hitting the treadmill for W3 D? but knew if I didn't go before running I would have to go 1/2 way through so I went, now I have been home about an hour and half and I just went again. So that makes at least 8 times.

I know that my fluid intake plays a role, and I have more than my 8 glasses of water in as well as 20oz of diet coke but it still seems excessive.

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    If I drink my water normally usually 3 times per bottle.. so 12 times a day? That's approximate. Maybe a little more or less.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Could be high blood sugars, definitely have it checked out. It's a totally painless test but it takes most of a morning because you have to drink a glucose solution then sit in the waiting room and read for a couple of hours.
  • butterfly007
    butterfly007 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Drinking mostly water you will see a drastic change in the amount of times you have to pee a day. However if you feel that you are peeing an excessive amount of times a day then you should go see your doctor. It could be something more serious like a sugar issue or as simple as a UTI, but I do know drinking a lot of water will have you going more but to be on the safe side I'd still probably see a doctor.
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    diet coke can do that to you! I would go a day without any caffeine (ROUGH, I know) and see what happens. It really irritates the bladder.
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Any possibility you're pregnant?
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    I pee probably once every 1-2 hours during the work day, but I also drink between a half gallon and a gallon of water every day.
  • Alisi1234
    Alisi1234 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I do that constantly! But I'm also pregnant. Maybe take a test??
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    1 time per 1-2 glasses of water approximately. =P
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    That actually doesn't sound extreme to me. I drink water constantly, just a habit that helps me focus. When I don't have anything in my stomach to absorb it, or if I'm not getting rid of it through sweating, I can pee as frequently as every 15 minutes. I think once you're already hydrated, it just kind of passes through your system.
  • cjaharmon
    cjaharmon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I pee all the time. I always have and probably always will. But I would say I go once about every 12 ounces I drink...it's just the way my body is so it's not really a change. If I really drink a lot between appointments at work I get in trouble because I won't be able to make it the full house session.
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right to me, but I drink water all day, therefore.....
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Probably 8-10 times per day, plus once or twice in the middle of the night. But I drink a lot of water.
  • catic
    catic Posts: 156
    Options
    I pee ALL the time. I'm always running to pee. but I drink ALOT! It's normal for me.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    the first 6 months after i started using this site and really trying to be awesome, I peed every 45 minutes

on the dot

bam. gotta go. oh, it has been 44 minutes, better start heading for the bathroom... yep. gotta pee.

now i pee normal, or like... i dunno.. 6-10 times a day? less predictable than every 45 mins, but less overall.

still totally clear, which has been my goal
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I pee all day too, but I have really been focusing on drinking my water. My husband hates it lol...he keeps telling me I need to get it checked out by a dr. But the days I dont get a lot of water in, I dont have the issue.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    First thing when I get up
    Mid-morning - around 10:00
    Mid-afternoon - around 2:00
    Evening - around 8:00
    And one last time before I go to bed

Every now and then I'll get up in the middle of the night, but only if I drink a lot in the evening after dinner.

So... five to six times.

I drink anywhere from 8-12 cups of water a day.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    When I started drinking lots of water, I was making hourly trips to the bathroom.

Now, I drink a gallon a day and typically go once when I wake up, once during the late morning, once during the late afternoon, once after I get off work, and once before bed.
    I have an industrial sized bladder.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    By the amount your drinking, plus the effects of caffeine, you don't sound abnormal to me..

I go like probably once in the middle of the night, once in the morning, 3 times at work, then another 4 or 5 at home ..
    I'm awful on road trips.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Every time I sneeze.

*sigh*
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Any possibility you're pregnant?

No, not pregnant. I want to be, but no.