Working on a lifestyle

Options
Hey guys, I've started using this app after using a competitor and I do have to say that this one is quite a bit better! I am over a week into my new diet/lifestyle change and I'm looking to lose a substantial amount. I am looking at losing almost 200 pounds and I know that it will be a long journey and tough at times, but I've started and I won't be going back to my old habits.

A little about me, my name is Jerome and I'm 25 years old. I have been overweight since 3rd grade and have been on a constant incline in my weight. 2 years ago I decided that I was going to lose weight and I worked out almost every day for about an hour each day, and I was on a 1600 calorie diet and over a period of 4 months I lost 65 pounds. Since then, I've gained it all back, and I now have friends to hold me accountable and a nutritionalist as well.

You may be asking yourself, why did this guy decide "why now?" I got married about a year and a half ago to my beautiful wife, and she has always loved me for me, even though I'm overweight. That added a little bit of fuel to my fire to not care about what I was eating, but recently I've come to realize that I want the best for her, and part of that is me being there for her and being able to do the outdoors activities that she has always wanted to do.

Well, I hope to see you guys on the boards!

Replies

• MarCarCas
    MarCarCas Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Welcome to MFP!!
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!! :happy:

just remember its about MODERATION NOT DEPRIVING YOURSELF!!!

this is not a "diet" its a lifestyle change and you are well on your way to achieving goals...

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY :flowerforyou:
  • rlwash
    rlwash Posts: 24
    Options
    Welcome aboard! This is a really good site for support and helpful tips. You already made it past the hardest part which is starting, now it's time to show the world what you've got! Good luck!
  • karenCalandro
    Options
    You sound great and very determined. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It's nice to have you here! You've made a good choice and I'm sure your wife will love having a healthier husband :flowerforyou:
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Like someone said above Its all about moderation and not depriving yourself!
  • footballmom12
    footballmom12 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck!!! You can most definitally do this!!! This site is the best thing ever for motivation and encouragement...Welcome!!!
  • jeiroq
    jeiroq Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. I know that my new diet is aggressive but it is what my nutritionalist recommended for me, after discussing food types and such. Surprisingly there are some days where I don't eat all of my calories (1600).