Options
2»

Replies

• HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Every time I sneeze.

*sigh*

I do this too. If sneeze big, I have this whole move I do where I automatically cross my legs and bend at the waist as I sneeze.
  • busrider71
    Options
    WAY TO MANY TIMES :( I have always gone many many times a day, but since I started making myself drink at least 8 glasses of water I go probably 25 times a day at least and get up twice a night to go.
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't know if a doctor would find anything wrong with the frequency of it if you aren't exhibiting other symptoms. Doctors generally tell a person that they'd like for them to urinate once an hour. At least I've been told that by several doctors
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Haha...I expected something much worse from the title and then it's like...*little fairy voice*...."pee"

Like three or four times...but I don't drink enough.

One time when I was at girl scout camp (as a child, mind you) I was scared of the rumored wolf spider porta potties and didn't pee for three days.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    diet coke can do that to you! I would go a day without any caffeine (ROUGH, I know) and see what happens. It really irritates the bladder.

One bottle of diet coke does NOT contain enough caffeine to have any diuretic effect.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    OP< i pee as much as you do, maybe more some days. I drink 12-14 glasses of water, on average.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    About every hour during the day and 2 times during the night.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Your body will retain that it needs and excrete the rest.

If you don't want to spend as much time in the bathroom use a catheter or drink less water.

There are valid reasons to drink lots of water - it makes you feel full and, if your hand has a water glass in it, you can't put food in it.

That's it.

I know that MFP recommends that you drink "lotsa water" and I know that it does help people lose weight but, you know, maybe you should just stop slugging down the water and see how things work out.

What do you think about that?
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    A LOT! Lol
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    you are new. Have you upped your intake since you started MFP? 6-12 times a day seems pretty normal to me. It should taper off after a month or so of consistent drinking. I have rough Monday's because my water intake is bad on the weekend.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    My belief is, if it concerns you, see someone who will know what's going on. I'd rather be possibly wasting time at the doctor's office than not go and just assume everything's alright.

That being said, I pee probably an alarming number of times a day. I poop more often as well. But it's only been going on since I switched to all water and I'm on medication that requires me to drink between 12 and 16 8oz glasses of water daily, sometimes more depending on exercise. I know the cause and monitor myself still in case it becomes a problem.

If you're moving more or are getting more hours of rest, it also could be partially water retention. My ankles and fingers used to be balloons due to not really getting out enough and my salt intake. Changing both I freed myself of that water in a week and I can actually get my high school ring off without greasing it with soap.

But like I said, if it concerns you then go see a doctor.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Haha...I expected something much worse from the title and then it's like...*little fairy voice*...."pee"

I thought the same thing! :laugh:

I go through phases of having to pee almost every hour while in class, but the many hours that I'm out... nada. Might be a psych thing with not wanting to be there, though, and muh bladder knows! :drinker:
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    My kids call me tiny tank if that tells you anything! I go ALOT and always have - no issue just a small bladder

and every time I do a damn jumping jack too!! (ah to be 41 and have had 2 kids!)