a good tasting protein bar?

Options
im looking for something as a snake or breakfast that tastes good! anybody know of a good one. keeping in mind that i dont want a lot of calories. under 200 would be awesome. :) it doesnt have to have a TON of protein but at least 10 grams. thx!

Replies

• Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    special k has one for 170 calories..they are pretty good too!
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    yes! i love them but they dont really fill you up. : /
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I love zone bars. I have one a day. I especially like the mint one
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I like just about all of the Balance Bars - cookie mint crunch, caramel nut blast, fudge brownie, cinnamon roll, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Luna has a Vanilla Almond Cookie one. Yum!
  • SERinDC
    SERinDC Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Luna Bar has a new line called Luna Protein. Pretty good. 190 cals or less. I've tried cookie dough and chocolate peanut butter. Both were pretty good. I think 12 g of protein.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I love zone bars. I have one a day. I especially like the mint one

Ditto. I especially like the Double Dark Chocolate and the Fudge Graham.
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    awesome. i will try them. ive only had a few protein bars before and they sucked. hopfully i like these. :)
  • 64Mustang
    64Mustang Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much sugar you want with your protein. I like Pure Protein bars and most of the Atkins ones.
  • johanaaah
    johanaaah Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Zone Bars are great, but I prefer Luna Bars over all of them! I just saw a packet of Mini Luna Bars at Target for like 6.99...The flavors are to die for. I love the Peanut Butter crunch, I just stay away from them because they have sugar in them and I;d rather get my sugar from fruits...But once in a while they are delish!
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Cliff Bars are really good! I think they range between 210 and 270 calories :ohwell:, however I find them very filling. Most of the flavors have 10 grams of protien (sometimes more)

Another thing I like for breakfast is Naked Juice in the flavor Green Machine. Its great for getting your fruits and veggies.

Hope I helped some :flowerforyou:

Keep Calm and Carry On,
    Anna
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to gluten, so I'm not sure if they're actually good or I just think they are because I can't have anything else...buuuuuut Think Thin bars are really good and have a lot of protein (20g, I think) and keep me full. I especially like the peanut butter one! Trader Joe's has them.

ETA: And they're sugar free!
  • deblc6836
    deblc6836 Posts: 59
    Options
    Nature Valley has a new line of protein/granola bars. The peanut butter/dark chocolate has 10 grams of protein, 190 calories, 12 g fat, 5 g fiber, 6 g sugar. I think they are pretty satisfying when I need to grab something quickly for breakfast or a snack.
  • schristos
    schristos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started eating protein bars and I like the Pure Protein, they range from 180-200 calories and don't taste bad at all. They help with my sweet tooth too. Chocolate Deluxe is the bomb!!!
  • goirish1992
    goirish1992 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the coconut white chocolate chip cliff bar flavor. I have no idea what the calories are, but I do love them.
  • Laurengettingfit
    Options
    I'm obsessed with supreme bars! they're in an orange package (:
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Power Crunch are really good. 14 grams protein, 6 grams sugar, 12 grams fat, about 205 calories, and they taste good. 2-1 bars are bigger and have more calories, but have a great protein/carb ratio and are quite tasty.
  • littlebluej
    littlebluej Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My favourite is Pure Protein. Of the 5 flavors I've tried, they're 18-20g protein, 180-210 calories per 50g bar. Super tasty!

http://www.pureprotein.net/category/BARS
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    QuestBars are good, peanut butter & jelly is my fave. 20 grams of protein no matter what the flavor. Order online only at QuestBar.com,or look at the advertisements on this site.
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Luna bars... They make one that is like chocolate dipped coconut... AMAZING! It even has folic acid, vitamin c, vitamin d, & calcium... It was designed for women :) And only 190 calories.