skinnytaste.com

Options

Replies

• caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I love this site! I've made so many of the recipes the past few months. The banana chocolate muffins are delicious.

I saw this recipe on her site today and making these tonight! Yummm!
  • rds532
    rds532 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump, thanks!
  • stormy_eyez742
    stormy_eyez742 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Tonight we had 'Pork Chops with Dijon Herb Sauce' they were delicious. The sauce was so good. Not to mention you get to sautee the chops in a little butter. I haven't done something like that in forever. It was kid tested too and it passed all 3 of them (1 found out there are onions in the sauce then he didn't like it anymore :ohwell: ).

Our family has also tried:

Italian Spinach Meatballs - Everyone liked these. I served them in sauce over whole wheat pasta with a side salad.
    Baked Oatmeal w/Blueberries & Bananas - These are good but I think I am going to try agave or sprinkle a little brown sugar instead of just honey. We've tried apple/craisin, craisin/banana, banana/blueberry.
    Kalyn's Stuffed Cabbage Casserole it was good but not my favorite (kid's, eh, not so much on that one..lol)
    Pasta Fagioli <
    amazing! I used navy beans.
    Our families absolute favorite(s) from that site are the Pork and Beef Barbacoa recipes and the cilantro/lime rice makes it even better.

Does anyone have recommendations on desserts from her site?
  • jessieknh
    jessieknh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Tonight we had 'Pork Chops with Dijon Herb Sauce' they were delicious. The sauce was so good. Not to mention you get to sautee the chops in a little butter. I haven't done something like that in forever. It was kid tested too and it passed all 3 of them (1 found out there are onions in the sauce then he didn't like it anymore :ohwell: ).

Italian Spinach Meatballs - Everyone liked these. I served them in sauce over whole wheat pasta with a side salad.
    Baked Oatmeal w/Blueberries & Bananas - These are good but I think I am going to try agave or sprinkle a little brown sugar instead of just honey. We've tried apple/craisin, craisin/banana, banana/blueberry.
    Kalyn's Stuffed Cabbage Casserole it was good but not my favorite (kid's, eh, not so much on that one..lol)
    Pasta Fagioli <
    Our families absolute favorite(s) from that site are the Pork and Beef Barbacoa recipes and the cilantro/lime rice makes it even better.

The Skinny No Bake Peanut Butter Pie. DELICIOUS
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,272 Member
    Options
    Love her website! One of my go to places for recipes. She also has a Pinterest!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite websites!!! I really like a lot of her soup recipes. Three of my favorites: Stuffed Pepper Soup, Asparagus Soup, and French Onion Soup.

Shannon
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with Skinnytaste! Honestly - it is what made me decide to start losing weight again - because every one of Gina's recipes are SO GOOD! I printed out a ton of recipes from the site, and made a binder. I've been planning my weekly meals - lunch and dinner using only recipes from Skinnytaste.
    My husband isn't on a diet and he loves the recipes as much as I do - and they make me feel like a chef when I cook them, because they look so nice, taste great, and are easy, etc! Gina isn't big on using fat free stuff (because it tastes gross), so she makes up for it in other ways, so the great taste is never sacrificed.

I just had the Pasta Fagioli recipe for lunch today - delicious and so filling.

The other recipes I made this week:
    Chicken, Broccoli and Noodle Casserole - delicious!
    Lemon Cheesecake Yogurt Cups - don't taste lowfat
    Skinny Sloppy Joes - amazing!
    Pepper Steak - the BEST stirfry I have ever eaten
    Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries - so good!
    Chicken Francaise - restaurant quality!
    Roasted Broccoli with smashed garlic - husband loves this one!

I've also made some other things in the past, like the Sicilian Rice Ball Casserole, the Asian Glazed Drumsticks and the Pina Colada Cupcakes.

I can't stress enough how much I love this site - and I don't know what I'd do without it!
  • carholl
    carholl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just checked it out. While looking at the pictures and reading the recipes, I was wiping drool off my face. I have now added skinnytaste.com as a favorite and look so forward to trying some of the recipes. Thanks!
  • Miche37
    Miche37 Posts: 19
    Options
    The strawberry swirl cheesecake is my favorite dessert! The chocolate cupcakes that you make with Duncan Hines cake mix, water and pumpkin puree are really good too. I have never made the glaze for the top though, don't need it!
  • Rasd
    Rasd Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've only made the Sloppy Joe's and they were great! I am definitely going to try some of the others.
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    I've made the Chicken Panini with Arugula, Provolone and Chipotle Mayonnaise several times - Mmm so delicious!

Chicken-Panini-with-Arugula%252C-Provolone-and-Chipotle-Mayonnaise.jpg

Calories: 345 • Fat: 9.8 g • Carb: 40 g • Fiber: 0.3 g • Protein: 24.4 g • Sugar: 0.4 g • Sodium: 663.2 mg

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/12/chicken-panini-with-arugula-provolone.html
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Someone pointed me to this website a few weeks ago and already I've tried several recipes and all of them were great!
    My favorite so far was the Pork Carnitas! I'm trying one of her desserts this week.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    My Dinners EVERY night come from here - my kids and hubs LOVE

Some of my Faves:
    Santa Fe Crockpot Chicken
    Turkey Taco Soup (My picky kid cannot get enough of this!)
    Crockpot chicken Enchilada soup
    Chicken Rollatinis
    My GO TO for breakfast the broccoli and egg "cupcake" or quiche so good, great protein/veggie combo for am and I make 12 and re-heat 2 every morning for 160 calories!!

Can you tell I LOVE this site!!
  • runningonmargaritas
    runningonmargaritas Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love this site...every recipe I have made has been great !!
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    Oh i love her site! Made something from there tonight...it was a family favorite! Makes me happy when u can trick the family into eating something healthy! Making the stuffed pepper soup! Wondering about the deserts! Yum :smile:
  • CM9178
    Options
    The strawberry swirl cheesecake is my favorite dessert! The chocolate cupcakes that you make with Duncan Hines cake mix, water and pumpkin puree are really good too. I have never made the glaze for the top though, don't need it!

I haven't tried either of those yet, but I'll be making one of them next week for dessert for the week. Glad to hear they are both great, but I wouldn't expect anything less!
  • mtnmchgrl
    mtnmchgrl Posts: 20
    Options
    I am obsessed with this website. I haven't made a thing on there that turned out poorly. Everything tastes GREAT.

When I was doing WW, I was trying stuff from their community/recipe database + hers and the WW recipes never came close to how good Gina's food is.
  • CM9178
    Options
    I've only made the Sloppy Joe's and they were great! I am definitely going to try some of the others.
    I am eating them right now for lunch, so good!
  • nali_12
    nali_12 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Pasta Fagioli <

The Skinny No Bake Peanut Butter Pie. DELICIOUS

her pineapple bliss cupcakes and chocolate supermoist cupcakes wth chocolate glazes were both really good. i made her whole wheat blueberry muffins tonight with a few changes and they actually weren't that tasty. I'm not a whole wheat flour person though so maybe that's why...i subbed the sugar for agave and the melted butter for brummel and brown yogurt butter....i have loved everything else of hers though. going to try the chocolate chip cookies soon!
  • cmccoy0901
    cmccoy0901 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Bump!!! :happy: