Head dizzy all day today- ideas as to why?

Options
Hey guys, my head was dizzy all day today since I woke up. There were times when I couldn't walk straight and I would be going forward and it felt like my head was going backwards- so weird... anyways, this doesn't happen to me often so I'm just a little bit concerned. I have been pushing myself more at the gym lately, going pretty intensely for 30 minutes, stretching at 15 minutes so there's a small cool down. I did this three days in a row, so I was thinking that maybe it was my blood pressure changing? Getting lower and my body is adapting to it? I've been eating and sleeping enough, and I have definitely been more stressed other times than now so I don't think it's any of those factors....
Just wanted to put this out here for any ideas. Thanks ahead of time!!

Replies

• Longtobeslim
    Longtobeslim Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water. Sounds like you are working out pretty hard. Make sure you rehydrate. I drink a lot of water and when I have a day that I don't get to drink much water, I get dizzy and light headed.

I did have a slight case of vertigo last week but it wasn't diet related. I would try the water first. Also, make sure you are eating enough. If you feel real hungry and don't eat, that can cause you to be a bit dizzy (at least it has me).

Erin
  • rebbecarose
    Options
    Hey guys, my head was dizzy all day today since I woke up. There were times when I couldn't walk straight and I would be going forward and it felt like my head was going backwards- so weird... anyways, this doesn't happen to me often so I'm just a little bit concerned. I have been pushing myself more at the gym lately, going pretty intensely for 30 minutes, stretching at 15 minutes so there's a small cool down. I did this three days in a row, so I was thinking that maybe it was my blood pressure changing? Getting lower and my body is adapting to it? I've been eating and sleeping enough, and I have definitely been more stressed other times than now so I don't think it's any of those factors....
    Just wanted to put this out here for any ideas. Thanks ahead of time!!

These sound like the symptoms of an inner ear infection or allergies blocking up your ears. Try sudafed and lots of water. If your allergic or too sensitive to sudafed you can use another type of decongestant. It was just the first one that came to mind.
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    Are you eating enough? Low blood sugar will cause you to be dizzy.
  • Boshnivay
    Boshnivay Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    thanks guys :)
    ya i've been eating enough/ on a schedule because i do feel icky if i don't.
    i don't feel stuffy or congested, and my ears don't hurt so maybe it's not the ear thing?
    i drink water like it's my job- i love it!
    these are all great ideas, and i'm sorry to keep refuting them but i just haven't done anything different except exercise more intensely... hmmmm

Thank you again!!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    My first guess is that you're not eating enough calories. I can't see your diary, so that's a guess, but you need to be netting as close to your goal as possible. If you're not eating back your exercise calories, your body is bonking.

blessings.
  • olygirl1971
    Options
    Multiple reasons why it could be happening; not just drinking enough water, eating enough calories, or getting enough rest. If you are doing all the right things, and this persists, it could be an indicator for more serious health problems. My sister eats quite well, takes all her vitamins, great amount of exercise -- basically, does everything right. She was experiencing dizziness and being light headed - finally went to the doctor and found out she has hypertension. If you are concerned, I'd make an appointment. I'm sure it's nothing - BUT, just a reminder - as I'm sure you've had plenty of people say - listen to your body, and be sure to take care of it - it's the only one you got :) Good luck!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

How much do you eat?
    you said enough but is it...really enough?
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

How much do you eat?
    you said enough but is it...really enough?

agree..it sounds like low blood sugar
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water. Sounds like you are working out pretty hard. Make sure you rehydrate. I drink a lot of water and when I have a day that I don't get to drink much water, I get dizzy and light headed.

I did have a slight case of vertigo last week but it wasn't diet related. I would try the water first. Also, make sure you are eating enough. If you feel real hungry and don't eat, that can cause you to be a bit dizzy (at least it has me).

Erin

Exactly!!!
    I had this problem this morning and hydrated like a crazy woman with water and a PowerAde Zero. Felt 100% better by mid day.
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I suggest seeking medical advice. All of those suggestions can be plausible. Ut you don't want to treat something incorrectly. A doctor should be able to better assist you.
  • Boshnivay
    Options
    hmm... well if i'm still dizzy tomorrow i'm making an appointment at my health center- also i have a blood glucose tester, so i will test it next time i'm really dizzy.
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    see how much your fat calories are I was really cutting mine back and would get light headed when i stood up started getting closer to the recommended amount and it has gone away. I would come short of fat cals set by mfp but started getting more fat in my diet and it seemed to make it go away and continued to loose weight hope this helps just a thought
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I had this happen before...was eating light, and lots of salads, hardly anything with salt. Working out, and drinking water. Felt dizzy, light headed and couldn't walk straight. Turned out to be an electrolyte problem. Gatorade fixed it up.
  • Boshnivay
    Options
    I had this happen before...was eating light, and lots of salads, hardly anything with salt. Working out, and drinking water. Felt dizzy, light headed and couldn't walk straight. Turned out to be an electrolyte problem. Gatorade fixed it up.

i don't really eat that much salt... if anything i have to try to include salt in my diet because i try not to eat processed stuff. just because i'm drinking enough water, doesn't mean that i'm staying hydrated- i go to the bathroom A LOT so it probably washes all my electrolytes out :(
  • dvdfox67
    dvdfox67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me last October. Woke up and got out of bed only to feel really dizzy. Couldn't walk straight. End up back in bed and slept longer. Woke up still feeling a little off, but not so bad that I couldn't go to work. The next day I was fine. And it hasn't occurred again. Nothing weird was going on with my diet or exercise.

I know that doesn't offer much help, but perhaps it will give you piece of mind that you're not dying.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I was dizzy for a couple years and evenutally found out that a regular sleep schedule could fix it for me. I had been getting 8 hrs of sleep but it matters which hours I sleep.
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    When you talk to the dr., ask him or her to test your potassium levels. Those symptoms have usually indicated low potassium for me. If I catch it early enough I can self-correct through diet. Otherwise it is ginormous perscribed supplements.
  • Boshnivay
    Options
    ya i think i'm just going to go to the health center tomorrow just to be sure- diabetes type 2 and hypertension run in my family, so i'd rather be on the safe side. i've had this happen before, but it went away. just trekked across campus in search of powerade, and now i'm drinking some :)
  • SpanishRapunzel
    SpanishRapunzel Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound way random, but sometimes my husband suffers from vertigo when his back is acting up. (He has a couple of fused disks that his parents never had checked out when he was a kid.) It may be you need some rest :/ In any case, good luck. I hope you feel better soon!
  • MustangCindy67
    MustangCindy67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi I am in healthcare and please please go see a doctor....there are many possibilities and a prfessional is the best to figure it out otherwise you are putting yourself at risk........ !!!!