Yooo Hooo!! New Girl Here!

Options
Hello everyone! New girl posting!

While I am not new to diet forums, I am relatively new to myfitnesspal. And this is my first time posting here.

A little background... I never had a weight problem.. that sound so lame considering I have had one for 30 years! You see.. as a girl and teenager and even a young adult, weight was not an issue. Then I had my first child.. sound familiar? I proceded to have my second baby.. followed by my third. In all my wisdom, I had decided to put off getting back into shape until I was done having babies. This was perhaps the stupidest thing I have ever done! By not tackling the problem when it was new, led me to a life of yoyo dieting and fad diets and. well, you name it, I have probably done it! Several times!
And then menopause.... it truely is harder now. To top things off, I have recently been diagnosed with Type II diabetes. My doctor, bless him.. told me he would give me 6 months to get the weight off, or I would need medications!
Oh, and did I mention that two out of my three kidlinks, have decided to get married this year?/ Within three months of each other, I might add..
So.. I have all this incentve to get healthier... and I am going to do it.. and YOU all, are going to help!!! I thank you in advance!!

Donna

Replies

• timsgirl11
    Options
    You can do it, Donna!! My mother has the same diabetes and it was a wake up call for me. I keep saying to her we are not going to let food kill us, so that is my charge to you. Food is not worth it. You can do it!! God bless.
  • sooloo66
    sooloo66 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna - Feel free to add me if you like. I've just restarted as of last week. Middle aged mama with two boys who are very energetic. I started my momhood a bit late, so now I am heading into that lovely time of life where mood swings and hot flashes are my constant companions. And, the weight seems very reluctant to leave me. But, off with it, no matter how long it takes. Good Luck!
  • iLeela75
    iLeela75 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna, I found you! :smile:
  • donnaforbes1
    Options
    Hi Lia.. Welcome aboard!!