Lunch at McDonald's.....WOW.

Options
My lunch today......cost less than $3.50 and was 900 calories. I knew it'd be high.....but I didn't have a choice. Wish they'd post nutritional info. I asked......they didn't have any flyers. :o( Tomorrow is a new day.

Replies

• Tainers
    Tainers Posts: 21
    Options
    im on the road a lot with my kids....when i go to mcdonalds i get a grilled chicken classic and throw away the bun and a diet coke....you could get apples too.....
  • michmill98
    Options
    I got my shock over the weekend with breakfast. I usually get just an egg mcmuffin and coffee the few times I go there but decided I wanted something different this time. Ended up getting the breakfast burrito meal and a low-fat mocha and it was at a 1000 calories!
  • ehoganallison
    ehoganallison Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I eat there once a week with my little boy. I always have the southwest grilled chicken salad with balsamic dressing. I love it and it really isn't awful calorie wise. Try it if you have to go back. :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    .....but I didn't have a choice. .

nonsense
  • NeilWin
    NeilWin Posts: 21
    Options
    That sucks. In the UK, McDonalds have all the calories and nutrional info on everything they serve. They even have it on the main menus!
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    I thought that McDonald placed the nutrition info on the back of the paper that is placed on the trays. Now I'll have to look one day.
  • karen0080
    karen0080 Posts: 64
    Options
    McDonald's is hard to find good choices. The Oatmeal 300 cal served all day... Yogurt parfait 160 cal.... grilled chicken salads not to bad just have to watch the dressing. Its hard to eat out... Just workout a few minutes more and you will be fine.
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    When I go to McDonald's (rarely), I get the side salad ($1) and add grilled chicken ($2). It's not "on the menu" but I've asked at several locations and it's never been an issue. I've done the same thing at Burger King.

The other salad options aren't bad; it's usually the dressing that will get you!

P.S. I don't use dressing.
  • marvelscale
    marvelscale Posts: 135
    Options
    Weird... they do put them on boxes and on the backs of fries normally...

You might be able to check online at their website.
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I had no choice but to go to McDonalds the other day with my husband. I looked up on his I-Phone in line what to order. I got a bottle of Dasani water and a snack yogurt & nut salad. It was very yummy and was only 210 Calories. I feel there is always a choice.
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My lunch today......cost less than $3.50 and was 900 calories. I knew it'd be high.....but I didn't have a choice. Wish they'd post nutritional info. I asked......they didn't have any flyers. :o( Tomorrow is a new day.

In NY they have the calorie count for each meal posted right under the picture.
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    The grilled chicken sandwich (NO mayo) is only like 350. Skip the fries and you aren't doing badly at all.

The Southwest chicken salad isn't bad if you skip the dressing and the tortilla strips.

There are ways to get it done calorie wise, you just have to avoid the temptation of the other items! ;)
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get a Happy Meal, or a salad. Or a wrap. You can even have 900 calories if you plan for it. So, it's really more about fitting it into your daily plan rather than avoiding it.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    .....but I didn't have a choice. .

nonsense

Eh, I've been in situations where I didn't have a choice, unless I chose to skip lunch (not a great idea if you're burning a ton of energy walking and climbing ladders all day) or bring a suitcase full of Cliff bars when I travel (not a great idea if you work with all men and want them to see you as equal).
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I was out today and I hadn't eaten there in a very long time. I decided to eat there and I got a regular cheeseburger and a yogurt parfait (without granola) and it came to 430 calories...it is doable:smile: ...
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    The snack wraps are like ~250 calories
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Their regular hamburger is only 250. AND their ice cream cone is only 150. That and a large diet doctor pepper and you have a great lunch.
  • rebecca_chess
    rebecca_chess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I usually get a cheeseburger Happy Meal with unsweet tea. I get my "junk" taste fix without the huge dessert of guilt! :laugh:
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I can't step foot in the place I know it would be a slippery slope old go to used to be two mcdoubles and a mcchicken and of course a,large Diet soda :p just plan ahead and make better choices next time there have been lots of good ideas on this thread for u :)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    It helps if you can look up nutritional info for restaurants before you go. If you get ambushed with a fast food lunch you just can't avoid, a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo is pretty safe, normally under 300 at various restaurants, or a grilled chicken salad with low fat or fat free italian normally comes in at right about 200, still under 300 if you add the croutons (I get the grilled chicken caesar salad but sub out the caesar dressing for italian). Yes the sodium will be high, but just drink a lot of water.