Lunch at McDonald's.....WOW.

Options

Replies

• mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My lunch today......cost less than $3.50 and was 900 calories. I knew it'd be high.....but I didn't have a choice. Wish they'd post nutritional info. I asked......they didn't have any flyers. :o( Tomorrow is a new day.

In NY all of the calories are posted at McDonald's.... I wonder if that's a law?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I had no choice ............... I feel there is always a choice.

hmmmmm...which is it?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Their regular hamburger is only 250. AND their ice cream cone is only 150. That and a large diet doctor pepper and you have a great lunch.

that's a great lunch? come on now
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I get a grilled snack wrap no sauce it is 230 cals and I sometimes get two but only use one tortilla!! For a total of 230 cals plus 90 for just the chicken lettuce and cheese. Or get the grilled chicken salad and I do half the dressing packet. Also yogurt parfaits are really good!! And even their ice cream cone is 150 cals. High in sodium but it can be done!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Their regular hamburger is only 250. AND their ice cream cone is only 150. That and a large diet doctor pepper and you have a great lunch.

that's a great lunch? come on now

Can't you see? That lunch is PACKED with nutrients. :laugh:

I had McDonald's for breakfast this morning on the way to go hiking. I was really happy to have the greasy, salty hash browns. Yummy!
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Do they not have low fat meals over there? They have weight watchers ones here. Still not great i'm sure, but gotta be better than that.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    how in the world did you get that many calories for $3.50? I know the big mac is 500 something and maybe a large fry would equal about 900 calories but thats closer to the $10 mark. even if you got the double cheesburger meal thats still $4 and no where near 900 calories. Unless you drank half a box of cokes and you'd still have to drink 60 ounces to even equal 700 calories. just curious.
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    .....but I didn't have a choice. .

nonsense

Well......my choice was either eat at mcdonald's around lunchtime....or not eat until 9pm. Glad I chose to eat. Could have made better choices AT mcdonald's though.

Wish it were a law to post nutritional values (never saw any posted in KS, OK, MO)......flyer on the trays were blank on the back.

I ate well the rest of the day. So it's not a big deal.
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    If they have any of these options over there at least you know they are not to bad
    http://mcdonalds.co.nz/#/weightwatchers
    For example the seared sweet chilli chicken wrap is 397 calories.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I live in NYC and they post the calorie content right on the picture.

I usually get the southwestern salad with grilled chicken, and skip the dressing. It comes with a lime wedge, so I squeeze that over instead. It's 290 calories.
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Fruit and walnut salad is between 200 and 250. Fast food is a diet breaker. Best bet is to stay away from it completely.
  • divamomof7
    Options
    I just started this tonight and I am a mcdonalds employee and decided to splurge on lunch today! bad idea! 1,482 cal. yikes! never again after seeing what i did! I can tell you that i have a customer who comes thru everyday and has the same thing every day for lunch and when i asked why he said it was the healthiest thing he could find on the menu...he gets a grilled chicken ranch wrap w/no sauce and an unsweetend icetea no ice. ummm not sure if its what i could eat every day but i can tell you that our mcdonalds has nutrition pamphlets that we give out to any customer that asks for 1 and you can always go to their website and get the nutrition facts for all their foods there too! hope this helps you and happy dieting!
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

nonsense

Well......my choice was either eat at mcdonald's around lunchtime....or not eat until 9pm. Glad I chose to eat. Could have made better choices AT mcdonald's though.

Wish it were a law to post nutritional values (never saw any posted in KS, OK, MO)......flyer on the trays were blank on the back.

maybe you didn't have a choice to eat at mcdonalds, but you definitely had a choice to not eat 900 calories. as other posters have said, salads, wraps, no fries, and water are all ways to eat sort of healthy if you must eat there.
    but if you don't feel any guilt about eating so many calories, then it's not a big deal! i personally have two "cheat" meals a week where i eat whatever and it's not slowing my weight loss any.
    also, there might be a little brochure/nutritional info posting somewhere hidden on the side of the counter. or you can always ask one of the employees if they have a listing somewhere.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options

nonsense

You should call your local senator and push for the bill. I checked it out, and it's absolutely a law here. I used to hate seeing my favorite meals had thousands of calories, but now I can definitely see the value in it.
  • natalieg0307
    Options
    how in the world did you get that many calories for $3.50? I know the big mac is 500 something and maybe a large fry would equal about 900 calories but thats closer to the $10 mark. even if you got the double cheesburger meal thats still $4 and no where near 900 calories. Unless you drank half a box of cokes and you'd still have to drink 60 ounces to even equal 700 calories. just curious.

McDouble 390 $1.00
    small fries 230 $1.00
    lg sweet tea 280 $1.00
  • bethelcheryl
    bethelcheryl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    If they have any of these options over there at least you know they are not to bad
    http://mcdonalds.co.nz/#/weightwatchers
    For example the seared sweet chilli chicken wrap is 397 calories.

They don't have WW options in the US. That's interesting. If ProPoints is the same as PointsPlus, then they are still relatively high in calories. I do WW now and get 26 points per day. So using 9-12 points on one meal would be splurge. I would probably go over that day. WW gives you weekly points too, so it wouldn't necessarily stop me from going, but just because a meal is WW approved does not mean it is healthy or low calorie.
  • natalieg0307
    Options

nonsense

maybe you didn't have a choice to eat at mcdonalds, but you definitely had a choice to not eat 900 calories. as other posters have said, salads, wraps, no fries, and water are all ways to eat sort of healthy if you must eat there.
    but if you don't feel any guilt about eating so many calories, then it's not a big deal! i personally have two "cheat" meals a week where i eat whatever and it's not slowing my weight loss any.
    also, there might be a little brochure/nutritional info posting somewhere hidden on the side of the counter. or you can always ask one of the employees if they have a listing somewhere.

I did ask for a flyer. They were out. I don't feel guilty. Could have made better choices...yes. But I was SO pressed for time. Eating something, no matter how high in calories....was okay with me. Can't even remember the last time I was at McDonald's before today.
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    Sorry don't have a clue about what the points actually mean as I don't do weight watchers. I just figured if any of those options were available even if not labeled weight watchers over there they may be the slightly better option.
    For example the sweet chilli seared wrap is 397 calories, you could get some apples and water to make it more filling without bumping up the calories to much. And get it without sauce if you wanted less calories.
  • ilikenwf
    ilikenwf Posts: 5
    Options
    I've found that eating stuff from there makes me really tired, sluggish, and sleepy...

I'm trying to avoid it like the plague.
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options
    Check into some of the apps for your cellphone that have nutritional values of fast food restaurants. Fast Food Calorie Look up is one and its free.