Short Girls!

Options
I am 4'11 when i startred mfp i weighed 183 now i am at 168. I am trying my hardest to loose weight. And i am so proud of my pounds lost. Any suggestions on how to get rid of fat legs.. lol

Replies

• Rikib004
    Rikib004 Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm obviously not a short girl :D... But there's lots of ways to lose fat on the legs, Walking-Jogging-Running, Cycling, Step class, swimming... There's plenty more too... Good luck, congrats and keep it up!
  • knucklescasey
    Options
    obviously.. lol and thanks alot for the tips.. I have been walking and jogging. also i have been taking zumba.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    This board is for SUCCESS STORIES. Find a different board that can help you!
  • daniellelondon
    daniellelondon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 15 pound loss, that is a SUCCESS story. Keep it up :)
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

geez touchy much? I am 5' and lost the weight all over gradually, cardio and strength.
  • jgirl09
    jgirl09 Posts: 34
    Options

I think she posted it in Success Stories for short girls that had success with what she's asking.
  • a_claire
    a_claire Posts: 61
    Options

Why the need to be so harsh? She said she lost fifteen pounds! If that's not success, I don't know what is!!!
  • HopefulMyra
    Options

Go be a B**** somewhere else.

Anyway. I'll be checking in on this post cause I'd like to know how some women lost fat legs too.
  • beatles_girl
    Options
    I have foind that the elliptical has helped tone my legs up alot! I'm even getting cute little calf muscles showing! lol
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I know this might be a strange suggestion but wearing heels helped me tone my legs a lot (I'm 5'1). Just gotta find a comfy pair.
  • knucklescasey
    Options
    I have foind that the elliptical has helped tone my legs up alot! I'm even getting cute little calf muscles showing! lol

thanks. i need to go to the gym and try that out. i hear it works wonders for a lot of people.
  • Ample2Astonishing
    Ample2Astonishing Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Agreed. ;-)
  • knucklescasey
    Options
    I know this might be a strange suggestion but wearing heels helped me tone my legs a lot (I'm 5'1). Just gotta find a comfy pair.

actually its not strange i seen on a lot of women fitness websites that they suggest that.. i need a pair of comfy ones.
  • beatles_girl
    Options
    I absolutely love it! After about 5min my endorphines (spell??) kick in and I feel on top of the world! lol
  • knucklescasey
    Options
    I absolutely love it! After about 5min my endorphines (spell??) kick in and I feel on top of the world! lol

hopefully that happens to me. I know it wont i will probably be so sore after i do it.. My hubby is deployed to kuwait and he does it for a good while every morning. forwards and backwards.. He says you can really feel it. lol
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11 and my legs are def my problem area. I am doing my second round of 30ds but need to add something more for legs. I would love to wear cute shorts and flirty skirts this summer...fingers crossed :D
  • knucklescasey
    Options
    I am 4'11 and my legs are def my problem area. I am doing my second round of 30ds but need to add something more for legs. I would love to wear cute shorts and flirty skirts this summer...fingers crossed :D

see same problem.. lol i know what you mean.. Jillian Michaels also has a few other dvds i want to try. I got the 30ds. she also has ripped in 30, no more trouble, yoga meltdown, and another one but i cant remember the name. everyone praises those dvds and i cant wait to try them all.
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Ha well I'm 5"4 and the leg jiggle is being the LAST to go...along with the last bit of stomach (but that seems to be expected). I do Zumba (it's amazingly fun!). It's really high cardio but even if you're not a good dancer you can bring a friend and laugh with each other as you mess up together. Awesome workout :)
  • zippymelanie68
    Options
    try squats hun. Congratulations on your 15 pounds! xx/oo
  • BeachyNan
    BeachyNan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 4'9 and short legs big thighs are one of my better features...lol. Congrats on your weight loss. I think the scissors are one of the best for thighs. If you can in the pool is awesome. Do scissors on floor, bed...watching tv...etc. lay down and criss cross legs!!! gl
    I have been up to 225 and down to 140 years ago. I am 171 now and am aiming for 125.

Love My Fitness pal!

Nancy
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!