To exercise or not...

Options
Some days I struggle to get to my minimum of 1200 cals for the day, other days it's not hard. On those days where I barely make 1200 cals I don't exercise b/c then I'd just have to eat my exercise cals to get back to 1200 and I'm usually not hungry by this point. Does anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I do have this issue but it is the opposite! I am not hungry after I exercise have to force myself to eat after. On days I do not exercise is when I want to eat!
  • Amairee
    Amairee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yeah it can be tricky, especially if you know the workout you had planned for today was a real high calorie burner. I don't think its a bad thing to take the day off from exercise at that point, but if I'm in the same position I tend to do light weights or a yoga session, something I don't burn a lot with, instead. I never count the calorie burn for those exercises anyway.
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't exercise for weight loss but for the myriad of other health benefits. I say, DEFINITELY exercise.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Can you find ways to sneak more calories into your diet? How bout nuts, olive oil, peanut butter, protein bar/shake? I would definitely recommend exercise. However, certainly you can try and find ways to eat more.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Are you taking any medications that may effect appetite?
  • nu2012
    nu2012 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I feel hungry after I exercise. So I end up making my calorie requirement.
    What about doing strength training or yoga or pilates on days when you barely make 1200? Even good stretching is a good option. You wont get a lot of calorie burn but still get toning.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I tried to exercise more intensely to try and lose more inches off tummy but the scales keeps going up and took me ages to get into 9st range so I end up stopping and working on getting the water weight back off again I get fed up of going round in circles to lose the same few pounds again I've decided to get weight lower first so putting a few pounds of water on from exercise won't take me over 10st.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't exercise for weight loss but for the myriad of other health benefits. I say, DEFINITELY exercise.

^^^ +1