Crampy tummy since I started back exercising

Options
I don't know what is going on.

My tummy has been crampy/bloated ever since I started back exercising 3-4 weks ago. Every day is the same. My bowels are fine, as far as I'm aware anyway!

I wake up fine but then within a while, I can start the cramps starting and by the end of the day, my tummy is well bloated and sore.

I'm overtired with work, kids and have been thru' a stressful time of late so I don't know if this is all affecting me? I feel fine when I'm exercising.

Nothing a week sitting in the sun wouldn't cure I'm sure but not a hope of that happening :-(

Replies

• wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    Going to bump this up in case anyone has any idea's.

thanks
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I'd take a look at your diet instead of the exercise. Are there any foods you've recently starting eating that you weren't eating regularly? You could very well be intolerant to something and not know it. :/
  • wedjul05
    Options
    I was thinking this. Bread is the one thing that does make me bloated/crampy but alot of the time, I don't eat any bread so it's not this.

The foods I am eating now, i've always been eating. Nothing out of the ordinary.

The cramps are starting again and they are making me tired. Maybe a trip to my GP is in order as it's been going on too long now.
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Are you eating an increased amount of fruit and veg? They fill you up for longer because they take longer to digest but can cause gas.
    In the short term, peppermint tea and peppermint oil can help ease um..wind!
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    I TOOK A PEEK AT YOUR DIARY
    I AM NOT SURE YOU ARE EATING ENOUGH
    ONE DAY U ATE LESS THAN 1200 CALORIES
    AND YOU ARE BURING ALOT OF CALORIES WHEN U WORK OUT
    YOUR STOMACH IS TELLING YOU ITS HUNGRY
  • Hippie_Soul
    Hippie_Soul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Are you eating an increased amount of fruit and veg? They fill you up for longer because they take longer to digest but can cause gas.
    In the short term, peppermint tea and peppermint oil can help ease um..wind!

This! Same thing happened to me. I started making lemonade with Truvia (i quit drinking soda) and eating more fresh fruits and veggies and felt the same way. My body has since adjusted but I had to ditch the Truvia...thought i was going to die!
    Good luck to you!!!
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Wow. Dear God.... agree with a prior poster. I checked your diary. If your settings are correct and you are logging your food and exercise properly, you are not eating enough. Those are probably hunger pangs and you've probably never felt them before. LOL. My tummy gets bloated when I am starving. EAT.
  • nk17
    nk17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm on a low cal/low carb diet. You are eating less than me. I'm morbidly obese. You want to lose 20 lbs. I think you need to up your calories. Your base calories should be at least 1,200 and you should eat back most if not all your exercise calories. I had to learn that you can actually eat MORE and the weight comes off faster. Also, I was told not to eat right before cardio as that can cause cramping. So my usual routine is to drink water, go work out, come back and then eat breakfast. Also it looks like you could use fewer carbs and more protein.
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    I'm on a low cal/low carb diet. You are eating less than me. I'm morbidly obese. You want to lose 20 lbs. I think you need to up your calories. Your base calories should be at least 1,200 and you should eat back most if not all your exercise calories. I had to learn that you can actually eat MORE and the weight comes off faster. Also, I was told not to eat right before cardio as that can cause cramping. So my usual routine is to drink water, go work out, come back and then eat breakfast. Also it looks like you could use fewer carbs and more protein.

i agree...eat something woman:bigsmile:
  • wedjul05
    Options
    Oh right ok, didn't think eating more would be the issue. I honestly can't eat anymore but I will try.

But in all honesty, I don't think what I am experiencing is hunger pangs. I know hunger pangs and this ain't it.

It could be down to stress/tension as I've been thru' alot recently that seems to be never ending. I have a doc's appointment for later on today but I am in work so I will see how I get on and either go/cancel the appointment.

thanks for the feedback anyway!