Two types of food. Simple. Please Discuss!

Options
1. Food that is really nice to eat. Looks good and tastes yummy. Inevitably, it's bad for you - high in calories and/or fat.

and then theres the other type

2. Food that is good for you. Bland, boring, but normally low in fat and calories.

Ive been on the wagon for 8 weeks now.
But I never ever think 'Oh! I could murder a satsuma!"

Replies

• laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    1. Avocado!! I love it but it's so high in calories and fat, that's why I'm trying to eat it only once a week..

2. I'd say lettuce :)
  • KatMoore1
    KatMoore1 Posts: 11
    Options
    Haha, I know what you mean! I work part time in a supermarket in, shall we say, not the best side of Glasgow... So a lot of the food that comes though is in group one. While I know eating what I'm eating is a better choice for me and that what they are eating wouldn't do my body any good, I still want to climb inside their shopping cart and live among the chocolate and cake forever :p
  • kayleighfred
    Options
    Ooh,the things I'd do for a big,fat,dirty,greasy.... carrot stick! :wink:

If lettuce tasted like chocolate I'd be a size zero,but alas,it is not to be!:cry:

:flowerforyou: xxx
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a home made smoothie ??

1/2 a banana
    1-2 strawberries
    100-200ml semi skimmed milk (depending on how thick you like it)
    you could add a wee touch of sugar if you really need but i tend to avoid it

blend until very smooth

dependent on exact weights you put in its about 160 cals and tastes yummy
  • iwannablean
    iwannablean Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I had cornflakes for the first time in life a few weeks ago, so as to start it is as an evening snack in place of fatty, oily, very yummy, but very unhealthy Indian snacks, which I used to end up eating every evening (the time of the day when am incredibly hungry!)! So these days, I have cornflakes with cut strawberries, grapes, and cold skimmed milk in the evening! It looks amazing (because of the strawberries and grapes) and tastes good too and I consume some 150 odd cals.. It grows on you I guess :P
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I haven't learned a lot in my life but one truth that has stuck with me is that the best things in life are either illegal, immoral, or fattening.
  • Mark63
    Mark63 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1)Potato chips with cheese or donuts.

2)Still working on that one. Tried nuts, dried fruit, rice snacks, protein snacks.

I fight the urge to eat 1, but water just doesn't do it for me. Everyday is a struggle right now...that's why it's called a lifestyle change.
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I would love to murder a satsuma! but I have gastritis... :grumble:

1) CHOCOLATE!!!

2) Oatcakes...love them... seriously!
  • TransTina
    TransTina Posts: 82
    Options
    love it!