Excess skin after 130 pounds lost....

Options

Replies

• LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to have read this now. I've still got 96lbs to go... so I think I still have time to be proactive. I'm excited to be healthy, so I know this is just something I have to deal with, but I don't like the idea of working so hard and still being uncomfortable with my body :frown:
  • wwcwest
    wwcwest Posts: 10
    Options
    Bump:smile:
  • chellabella26
    Options
    Has anyone found anything to help tone up the excess saggy skin after loosing a lot of weight ??? I have lost 130 pounds and there are some areas that gravity seems to be fighting pretty hard...Don't want to resort to surgery or anything, but this is one of the last hurdles standing in my way...any advice would be awesome !

Hey sweetie.. I myself have loss 148lbs and Here are a few toninig exercises I have been doing to tone up flab over the last 5mths ;) on my arms, belly and inner thighs...

Are you looking to tone up those flabby arms a little. You know, that specific part on the back of your arm that jiggles and wiggles when you waive! Well, here is a triceps workouts below that I finf to help tighten, tone and sculpt mine so you can really show them off.. this workout is really for anyone So Let's Have fun!

Tricep Kickbacks...(( 2 Sets of 12))

1.Hold a medium weight in both hands and bend over until your torso is at a 45-degree angle or parallel to the floor (more advanced). Bend the knees if needed and keep the abs engaged to protect the lower back.
    2.Begin the movement by bending the arms and pulling the elbows up to torso level.
    3.Holding that position, straighten the arms out behind you, squeezing the triceps muscles.
    4.Bend the arms back to starting position and repeat for 10-16 reps.

Skull Crushers...((2 sets of 15))

1.Lie on the floor or a bench and hold a light-medium barbell with the hands close together, about shoulder-width apart.
    2.Extend the arms straight up over the chest, palms face out and thumbs wrapped around so that they're next to the fingers.
    3.Bend the elbows and lower the the weight down to a few inches above the forehead or until the elbows at about 90-degree angles.
    4.Squeeze the triceps to straight the arms without locking the joints.

Triangle Pushups....((2 sets of 15))

1.Begin the move by positioning the hands on the mat directly under the chest with the fingers spread and the thumbs and forefingers touching, making a triangle shape.
    2.Straighten the legs into a plank position (harder) or keep the knees on the floor for an easier version.
    3.Make sure the back is flat and the abs are engaged as you bend the elbows, lowering until your chin or chest touches the mat. If you can't go that low, go as low as you can and work to build enough strength to lower all the way down over time.
    4.At the bottom of the movement, your elbows will naturally flare out to the side.

One Arm Triceps Pushups...

1.Lie on your right side with the knees bent and the hips stacked.
    2.Wrap the bottom arm around the waist and place the left hand on the floor in front of you.
    3.The fingers should point towards the right.
    4.Contract the triceps to push the body up and off the floor, straightening the left arm as much as you can without locking the elbow.
    5. Lower a few inches and continue pushing up and down for 8-12 reps before switching sides.

Tricep Extensions....((3 sets of 13))

1.Sit on a bench or ball (more challenging) and hold a medium weight at one end with both hands overlapping one another.
    2.Take the weight straight up overhead with the arms next to the ears.
    3.Lower the weight behind the head until elbows are at about 90 degree angles.
    4.Squeeze the triceps to straighten the arms without locking the joints.

Here os Working on inner thighs,legs & stomach....

20x's
    1.Sumo squat + (optional) jump:
    Wide open legs, toes pointing out. Squat and push hips back, imagine you are sitting on a chair. Don’t squat pushing knees forward, knees must stay behind toes. Keep back straight, shoulders back, don’t arch your back.
    You can bring your arms in front of the body and to add challenge to this exercises – tighten arms too (this is isometric tension for your arms and increases the effectiveness of this exercise).
    Now if you really want to maximize the effect on your inner thigh instead of going up, jump. Jumping boosts heart rate and breathing up, more oxygen will come in your lungs and you will burn more fat. Oxygen takes part in the process of converting fat into energy and this is the reason so many people run to lose weight. But you can burn inner thigh fat more effectively by doing strength exercises for the inner thigh and jumping.

15x's
    2. Legs open + (optional) crunch
    Lie on your back; bring legs up, feet pointing to the ceiling, arms extended behind laying on the ground. Wide open legs, you must feel stretch in your inner thigh muscles or you do nothing. While opening legs lift your body (crunch) and bring arms between your legs. Gather legs, bring body and arms back. Beginner can do this exercise without crunch and put hands under buttocks for support.
    """This exercise targets your inner thighs and stomach muscles. Complex exercises, involving more than one muscle group, burn more energy so you pull more from your stored fat. Complex exercises are important for burning belly fat and cellulite."""

15x's (each leg)
    3. Wide side kicks is excellent standing inner thigh exercise
    Stand with your feet together. Tighten your core, bring shoulders back. Now kick but not forward, but side. Try to reach as side as possible and bring your knee up. You can hold hands on waist for support or keep them side lifted for the whole exercise.

25x's
    4. Reptile + (optional) push up
    This is total body exercise, very hard to but brings so many benefits because your total body is involved. Take position for push up. Now bring knee against the same shoulder, you can turn your head to point against the knee. Then bring foot back and do the same with other knee. If you can’t hold push up position, you can do this staying on hands and knees too.
    Advanced: start with push up and then bring knees against shoulder. Alternate push ups and knees. This is really hard to do exercise but so rewarding

I hope you don't mind but I copied this. I hope it helps :) Thanks
  • tina860
    tina860 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump for exercises :flowerforyou:
  • lotuspixie
    Options
    Bump
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Has anyone found anything to help tone up the excess saggy skin after loosing a lot of weight ??? I have lost 130 pounds and there are some areas that gravity seems to be fighting pretty hard...Don't want to resort to surgery or anything, but this is one of the last hurdles standing in my way...any advice would be awesome !
    Yes,

1. Lift heavy weight
    2. Don't lose weight too fast.

*I lost over 100lbs.

If you already have saggy skin, you have two options.

1. Give it time to firm up.
    2. Surgery.
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    /bump
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    BUMP. Havn't got time to read all now but will later. Good luck to you all !!!
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lisao62
    lisao62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • phindilee
    phindilee Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • monet13
    monet13 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jazzmagic
    Jazzmagic Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

A local clinic to me offers these solutions, one is non-surgery based (Vaser Shape) and one is minimal surgery (Vaser Lipo), both sounds very promising for loosing the last stubborn fatty areas and helping to improve skins tightness.

http://www.vaser.com/patients/

Worth a look? : )

Cat x
  • 325Stephanie
    Options
    Yah but they have this betterchoices on fb that this couple lost 300 pd and I'm losing but their plan tells you how to turn that ft to muscle they have no body fat and a lot of people loose it itch their program and none have. Loose fat check them out though
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    This is a really good article I found regarding loose skin after weight loss:

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

Basically he says that you need to use strength training to rebuild your muscles and then the body will get rid of the fat that is under the excess skin, which will in turn allow the skin to "shrink" back to normal.

This is really interesting, and makes alot of sense, it wouldn't work however with people who dont want to lose all their body fat and dont have a super low goal weight
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing so much weight :)
  • dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump for excercises
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    From a medical perspective, the collagen in your skin can get stretched past the point of retracting back to its original shape. No amount of weight lifting, toning, lotions, cellulite removal, or otherwise will repair this damage completely. Your best option is to seek professional advice for your issues specifically and see what your options are. In the end, you might have to choose between the loose skin and very expensive and extensive scar.

9114468.png

Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Is the loose skin more if you do tons of cardio first to loose weight and then try to tone compared to if you did strength training from the beginning along with the cardio? Does it make a difference as far as amount of loose skin after weightloss?

I don't know if this is true for everyone, but, my hubby and I have both lost over 100, we both started loosing weight, not by dieting but by exercising, after about four months we added the diet component, I don't have any loose skin and he has a very small patch of it around his belly button, but it is slowly receding. I have always done both cardio and strength training (Wii Fit Plus and walking, mostly,) he does both strength and cardio, but he does more cardio( EA Sports Active and NFL Training Camp). We both drink lots of water and take daily vitamins.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!