TMI - RE: AF and weigh-in

Options
As luck would have it, I have my final weigh in for a work weight loss challenge the week of my AF. The day we are supposed to weigh in is the day when I am at my highest weight due to all of the lovely bloating, water retention, constipation, etc. that comes along with AF. Literally, my weight fluctuates by 5 pounds that week and I can tell by the way my clothes fit too.

Is there anything not too crazy I can do to try to prevent the side effects the week of my weigh-in? Like do I just chug water like mad that week before and during??

Normally, I wouldn't care too much about this but I am on a weight-loss team and I don't want to hurt the other team-members' chances of winning!

Thanks!!

Replies

• Queen_M
    Queen_M Posts: 70
    Options
    I have no idea what an AF is, but it sounds like you're talking about your period? If so, and if you're on the pill, then I'd just skip it this month if I were you. It won't do you any harm and you'll get to miss out on the crappy symptoms during your important weigh in :). If not, then just chug a lot of water, watch your sodium and don't give in to pms cravings.
  • neubauer7
    neubauer7 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    As luck would have it, I have my final weigh in for a work weight loss challenge the week of my AF. The day we are supposed to weigh in is the day when I am at my highest weight due to all of the lovely bloating, water retention, constipation, etc. that comes along with AF. Literally, my weight fluctuates by 5 pounds that week and I can tell by the way my clothes fit too.

Is there anything not too crazy I can do to try to prevent the side effects the week of my weigh-in? Like do I just chug water like mad that week before and during??

Normally, I wouldn't care too much about this but I am on a weight-loss team and I don't want to hurt the other team-members' chances of winning!

Thanks!!

Midol seriously helps me a TON! I am the same way around that time of the month-- I can feel it in my clothes and the scale confirms it. It's awful. :grumble: I usually cannot wear any tight shirts around that time, and try to hide the bloat with scarfs LOL. :tongue:
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I probably shouldn't ask but what is AF?
  • neubauer7
    neubauer7 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

AF means aunt flow, aka your period :wink:
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    i had AF last week and i still managed to lose 1.7lb between weigh ins....all i can figure is it was that i was drinking way more water than i ever did before i started MFP so i am attributing it to that :)
  • garp4
    garp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was also going to say if you take the pill you can skip the last week of the placebo pills and start a new pack so that you can skip the period.
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options

AF means aunt flow, aka your period :wink:
    I have seen the TOM on here but never AF....sorry for my ignorance:wink: