Busty Ladies, Bra Question

Options
2»

Replies

• Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You DEFINITELY need a refit. I can't advise a good place to get this done in the US, but here's a helpful guide as to what may need changing: http://www.bravissimo.com/perfectfit/wearing-the-wrong-bra-size/common-bra-problems/#/1
  • ArleneMobley
    ArleneMobley Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have three different style bras in three different sizes. I have to go and try on half a million before I find one I like. When I do, I buy two or three of the same bra.

DITTO!
  • KristieKRN
    KristieKRN Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was a 42 DDD - certain brands fit better than others. Bali tends to run small, Playtex was always best for me. But definitely go for a fitting first. Once I found the right size it was awesome! For a sport bra, believe it or not Champion at Target has great fitting with awesome support and carries the larger sizes too. Good luck!
  • Embell0830
    Embell0830 Posts: 105
    Options
    This is what I've learned when it comes to bras, if it's american company like lane bryant, avenue, victorias secret the bras just plain suck. If you can afford it, european made is the way to go. I forget the extact numbers, but were as american bras are made with only something like 10 points of support, european made lingerie has something like 30 points of support. The difference is amazing.

I don't know where you live, but there is a small chain of stores called Intimacy (they have a website). The woman who started the company was on Oprah and dubbed the bra whisperer. They can fit just about anyone, but they are very pricey. I went along with a friend who had it done and had been fitted at LB and VS, turned out her cup size was to small and the band was too big. The fittings are free and the bras my friend bought were beautiful and well made. She looks thinner because of the better support she has better posture.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have always had a hard time finding bras. I found the most comfortable fitting plain cup bras at s store here called Avenue. It's a plus size store so they have a range of sizes and styles. I like a solid cuo with no seams. I wear a 46 D right now and they are so much better. I was always trying to squeeze myself into a 42 D cause that is usually the biggest size I could find at regular stores.

They have an online store too!!
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Try going to a store like JC Penny's etc and finding a minimizer. It will be more of a full covergae and should solve your problem.

Good luck
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm a 42H so I understand alot of what you are dealing with. The problem with getting fitted in a store is that they tend to not have bras in sizes greater than DDD. Reality is, the selection is slim and durability takes precedent over pretty. I haven't wore matching bra/panty in years LOL. Personally, I order all my bras online. I like the Goddess line the best. They can be bought at Roamans.com or OneStopPlus.com. I'm sure there are other places that carry the line as well but they tend to be most affordable. I buy 5 or 6 at a time, try them on and then return the ones that I don't like. As for underwire...I don't find it necessary as long as it's a good bra. My girls are pretty perky so I must be doing something right hahaha. Good luck to you and let us know what you find!
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    theoneandonlybrookie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Edited to fix my mistake. Should have quoted the post that recommended Nordstroms...

I second this recommendation! They give the BEST fittings. I'm a pretty standard size (34D) but was told a wide range of incorrect sizes by Victoria's Secret for years. My Spin instructor was something like a 28E. She didn't have a bra fit her, ever, until she tried Nordstrom's.
  • Legalchica
    Legalchica Posts: 462
    Options
    My sister has had similar problems in the past and now buys Victoria Secret exclusivly
  • lulu9663
    lulu9663 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I wear a 36DD. I get fitted at Dillards, they are by far the closest when it comes to sizing. I got measured at Victoria's Secret, and they said I was a 40A. I had to laugh. Each of my breasts is two handfuls, so there's no way I'm an A cup. lol
  • bookin01
    bookin01 Posts: 19
    Options
    I've had a problem finding bra's all my life from being big busted. The best bra that I have found and have been wearing for years is called the Playtex 18 Hour Original Comfort Strap Wire-free Bra 4693. They can be found at Walmart, Sears, Kohls, JC Penney's, www.onehanesplace.com, www.justmysize.com/Playtex-Bras, etc. Right now, March 7-13, Kohls has them on SALE for $14.99 otherwise they cost around $20-$25. I have my mother-in-law and sister wearing this bra and they love it too. Just give it a try!

10637305.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I got refitted at a different lane bryant than my local one. I am in a 42g. Now.