Weird Food Combinations

coliema
coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
Just curious to see what weird food combinations everyone likes :)

For me-- it's pancakes and syrup with sharp cheddar cheese.
It's something my grandfather always did, and I tried it one day and LOVED IT!

Anyone else eat sharp cheddar with their pancakes?

Replies

• Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Never tried the cheddar cheese and pancake combo.

Something common in my neck of the woods, chili with peanut butter sandwiches. Yum!
  • coliema
    Never tried the cheddar cheese and pancake combo.

Something common in my neck of the woods, chili with peanut butter sandwiches. Yum!

Never heard of the chili with peanut buter sandwiches...I'm scared to try it! I love my chili with cornbread or frito scoops! Mmm!
  • Pams_Shadow
    Never heard of the chili with peanut buter sandwiches...I'm scared to try it! I love my chili with cornbread or frito scoops! Mmm!

Chili with Fritos and cheese... we call that Chili Frito Pie... so so good!
  • coliema
    I dip my grilled cheese in tomato soup, ever try that?!
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 402 Member
    salted crisps and chocolate. Delish.
  • I would eat my pancakes with Cheddar if I wasn't lactose intolerant! Oops did I just say that out loud? :frown:

I don't think this is a weird combination but I like to make eggs, over easy and smashing them on top of rice. It may not look appealing but it's rather tasty. Squirt a little hot sauce in there and forgetaboutit!!! :bigsmile:
  • coliema
    salted crisps and chocolate. Delish.
    I've heard of people doing that, but never actually tried it myself! I dip my potato chips into my Pepsi soda (when I drank soda...) it's good!
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 285 Member
    Fish Fingers and Custard. Yes, together.

Processed fish with the creaminess of custard.

New mouth, new rules.
  • coliema
    I would eat my pancakes with Cheddar if I wasn't lactose intolerant! Oops did I just say that out loud? :frown:

I don't think this is a weird combination but I like to make eggs, over easy and smashing them on top of rice. It may not look appealing but it's rather tasty. Squirt a little hot sauce in there and forgetaboutit!!! :bigsmile:

Ahh, sorry girl! Well, I would try what you said but I'm highly allergic to hot sauce! I'll try it without the hot sauce :)
  • Pams_Shadow

Yes! It's yummy too. Ever dipped your grilled cheese into your chili? That's a good combo too.
  • old fav but warm tuna cheese and crushed crisp salad sandwich....wierd combo i discovered after a heavy night but loved it ever since :)

been told i eat like a pregnant woman but funnily enough i had nothing like this whilst i was pregnant with my son lol

xxx
  • coliema

Yes! It's yummy too. Ever dipped your grilled cheese into your chili? That's a good combo too.
    I've never tried that, I'll have to try it!
  • EmilyMae12
    EmilyMae12 Posts: 61 Member
    A1 sauce on toast.
    Ketchup with every single kind of meat, I don't think it is weird but I always get odd looks at restaurants when I ask for ketchup with my steak.
    My favorite is mashed potatoes and barbecue sauce.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    I was told it was an old German habit that stayed in our family, but applesauce and macaroni and cheese! Or honey mixed with ketchup for french fries (a friend of mine introduced me to it).

They both sound crazy, but they're delicious! It's like sweet and savory punching your taste buds in the best way :happy:
  • coliema
    old fav but warm tuna cheese and crushed crisp salad sandwich....wierd combo i discovered after a heavy night but loved it ever since :)

been told i eat like a pregnant woman but funnily enough i had nothing like this whilst i was pregnant with my son lol

xxx

I've never tried warm tuna, but I'll have to give it a try!
  • aghack
    aghack Posts: 107 Member
    Dark chocolate and coarse sea salt.

Lean ham or proscuitto wrapped around an apple slice.
  • Camsdette
    Camsdette Posts: 32 Member
    Fish Fingers and Custard. Yes, together.

Processed fish with the creaminess of custard.

New mouth, new rules.

I approve of you sir. And bow ties ARE cool.
  • coliema
    I was told it was an old German habit that stayed in our family, but applesauce and macaroni and cheese! Or honey mixed with ketchup for french fries (a friend of mine introduced me to it).

They both sound crazy, but they're delicious! It's like sweet and savory punching your taste buds in the best way :happy:

I've never heard of either of those, but my fiances sister puts ketchup in her macaroni and cheese. I love ketchup but I could never imagine doing that!
  • DiamondEyes_x
    DiamondEyes_x Posts: 120 Member
    Tuna and tomato sauce sandwiches is yummy!
  • butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member

I dip mine in ketchup and eat it with sliced pickles. LOVE grilled cheese!!