I don't get it...

Options
2»

Replies

• chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I've said it before -

It's not like you're going to carry around a set of scales to show everyone who you pass in the street what you weigh. It's all about appearance.

Weighing yourself anything more than once a week can be deceptive, and to be honest I only care month by month.

I can drop 7lbs or pick up 7lbs in a day.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You can't weight yourself daily your weight naturally fluctuates. Only weight yourself once a week. Also body weight is just one part of the equation there will be muscle gain, body fat % loss & water retention (etc.) Just keep plugging away your getting there. Slow & steady wins the race!
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Pick one day out of the week to weigh yourself first thing in the am... I weigh myself every Sunday as soon as I get up....
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you work out really hard it causes your muscles to retain water weight. It is completely NORMAL for your weight to fluctuate. Don't let it get you down. Unless you consumed 10500 calories OVER your allowance it is impossible for you to have gained a real 3 pounds. You can do this! Look how far you've come already! You got this!
    ^^^ This exactly! Don't stress over a few pounds. Unless you ate 3500 calories over for each of those pounds you did not gain that weight in fat. It is just water retention. If you can not handle fluctuations of the scale do NOT weigh yourself every day. Do it once a week or bi-weekly.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Stay strong! I have 115 lbs to loose..and i am struggling with my first ten. it's a battle for sure, but make sure not to weight yourself everyday, you are a woman, and your weight will change from time to time. Just know you are getting healthy and make sure you are weight training. The more weight training the more muscle, and the more your body can burn. No worries...you got this.
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If you weigh yourself everyday don't live by the results. Take a few other suggestions on here and weigh yourself less frequently. Some weeks you could even gain weight but if you keep at it I bet you will lose something every month. Also weigh yourself at the same time of day if you don't already.

I weighed myself on Sunday I was 249, up from where I was a few days before that I was 246.2. Monday I was 248.8, Tuesday was 246.8 and today I was 246.4. Swings are going to happen but I am not letting this get to me.
  • tinamcclain
    Options
    You are doing great on your weight loss challenge. Sometimes the scale will go up because we are retaining water. The more water you drink the less you will retain. Also when you work out you are gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, so your scale might go up for awhile but then it will start going down. Be sure to do your measurements. Our scale might not show a loss but your inches will. Keep up the good work!
  • ceejanerun
    Options
    Everyone has already said it all... it's normal, don't sweat it. I try really hard to only weigh myself on Sunday mornings but I'm thinking of changing that to once every 2 weeks.

The ultimate disappointment in weigh-ins - I had an 8 lb baby and weighed myself 3 days later. I was down 4 lbs. And trust me, I didn't eat back 4 lbs of hospital food! So how did that happen?!?!
  • MamaJasmine
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. I did drink 2 giant cups of unsweetened tea last night when we were out and about that I did not log. I am going to only weigh myself once per week now (even though my wii fit talks back to me if I don't weigh in every day). I am going to work out again today just as hard and keep moving it up as much as I can as the weather gets warmer.