My DELEATED post from yesterday just because I thanked a cer

Options

Replies

• BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    The problem is that people can't act like adults and actually encourage one another instead of bringing them down. I guess it helps some people feel better about themeselves to make rude comments and bully someone about something.
    Is that the problem? Or is it that people don't read and follow the guidelines of the site? New people have no idea what this site was like before. There are groups you are join to talk about anything and everything under the sun. Before EVERY topic was banned and always resulted in fighting with people who don't believe and agree. Just follow the rules and we can all have what we want.
    Unless what you want is to do your own thing - then you should probably start your own website.

there's nothing wrong with following the rules but do you know how many times i have seen
    for heavens sake
    thank God
    Jesus (using in vain) on this site or even scriptures and nothing was done about it yet someone says thank you Jesus for helping me lose weight and it gets deleted.. kind of like.. upsetting
    And do you know how many times I have seen great success stories and well written posts taken down because people aren't willing to follow the rules? There are many sites available out there. And there are groups to discuss it all you want. I don't discuss my religious beliefs in the public forum because its simply against the rules. They have given us an outlet for those discussions. Why does it HAVE to be in the general discussion for someone to be happy? Makes no sense.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    This is why both the extreme left and right are bad.

Extreme right forces the expression of religion on everyone else.
    Extreme left suppresses the expression of religion from everyone.

Why not just let the religious be religious, and let the non-religious be non-religious?
    my thoughts exactly!
  • Smashleymae10
    Options
    sneaks in - - - i find that rants generally work better if you don't stress a misspelled word over and over again (deleted) - - - sneaks out

Why bother reading the thread then? He is actually talking about people like YOU! Constantly negative and rude.

Thank you!!
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You imply that it is distasteful for anybody to talk about their sexuality openly.

What me and my sheep do is my business and if I am not ashamed of it then I should have the right to proclaim it to the world!
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the world we live in today demands 100% acceptance and tolerance of all beliefs and lifestyles. However, that world also refuses to accept and tolerate those who do not think as openly as them. The internet is the absolute worst proof of that, because people can easily hide behind a keyboard and a screenname.

Wow are you really shaming the concept of accepting other people's beliefs and lifestyles? Isn't that the point of this whole thread? That people SHOULD accept his beliefs? I tolerate people believing differently than me but I do not tolerate ignorance or hate. It's not your right to shame others because they are different than you. Get over it.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    This thread is a really great example of exactly why they have this rule in the first place.

Continue...
    No kidding.
  • behappydance
    Options
    The problem is that people can't act like adults and actually encourage one another instead of bringing them down. I guess it helps some people feel better about themeselves to make rude comments and bully someone about something.

Amen sister. I thought this was for helping people achieve their goals, I found out yesterday that that isn't the case. I felt like crap all day after stupid people said stupid stuff! Oh well. :) They will all answer to Him one day for the actions. So I'm not worried :D
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    This thread is a really great example of exactly why they have this rule in the first place.

Continue...

He wasn't trying to convert anyone. He was thanking his source of inspiration.

How is that any different than the posts that say, "THANK YOU ZUMBA for helping me lose all this weight!"
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I find that I like to thank the Easter bunny for all my weightloss success.

Thats not allowed either.
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    If religion is banned on MFP, then are they going to delete my head cause its covered :P? Jesus never hurt anyone, why can't we talk about him?

Have you ever heard the saying, "there's two subjects you don't discuss in polite company: politics and religion"? That's basically what this is. Both religion and politics cause controversy because there's such a diversity of beliefs and there are those just willing to bash them all.

No never heard it, I have been living under a rock for the past 31 years, thank you!!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    OP~ Please go join the Christians Unite group. You can thank God all you want there and receive kudos from some supportive people. Don't take away from yesterday's thread or this one that MFP is full of atheists who want things censored. I'm sure the mods deleted it because someone reported it. I didn't see it, but thanking God in one sentence vs. typing a sermon might be what caused a problem. Stick with MFP, just redirect your posts.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo T-shirt. 'Cause it says like, I wanna be formal but I'm here to party too.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    And do you know how many times I have seen great success stories and well written posts taken down because people aren't willing to follow the rules? There are many sites available out there. And there are groups to discuss it all you want. I don't discuss my religious beliefs in the public forum because its simply against the rules. They have given us an outlet for those discussions. Why does it HAVE to be in the general discussion for someone to be happy? Makes no sense.

^^^^
    This.

What the smart lady said.

Forums have rules.

MFP, love it or leave it!
  • NicoleElen
    NicoleElen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Josh, I really enjoyed your post and reading of your faith. I, too, am not ashamed for my beliefs and for who I credit for my strength and motivation.

Unfortunately, the world we live in today demands 100% acceptance and tolerance of all beliefs and lifestyles. However, that world also refuses to accept and tolerate those who do not think as openly as them. The internet is the absolute worst proof of that, because people can easily hide behind a keyboard and a screenname.

It's like someone told me when I was in college and struggling with a philosophy professor. You just take it like you're eating a watermelon. Eat the good stuff, and just spit away the seeds. Keep your head up and keep working hard. In the end, it's your own personal faith and commitment is all that matters. But don't ever think that there aren't others who feel the way you do!

^^^ this
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options

So true....The rude posters need hugs!!!!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    cains-train-wreck.jpg
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Commence locking procedures--

this thread will be locked in 3, 2, 1....
  • londanfudd4eva
    Options
    I saw all that happen and thought it was a bunch of crap, as well! Shocking, really! It's a shame how so much "trash" is acceptable yet you can't mention Jesus Christ? I read these boards daily and the amount of rudeness...perversion...degrading remarks people make to others is ridiculous...but, apparently somehow acceptable!

THIS!!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Josh. PRAISE JESUS. This community is a joke. I found that out the hard way yesterday when random people started attacking me telling me that what I wrote was false, which wasn't the case. I just backed away, it wasn't worth it. Yes, most of the stuff on here is offensive, definitely not something Jesus would want to read/see. I'm going to try to stay away also, I only came to read this because you are on my friends list and I saw you posted it.

Again, congrats to you for losing 15lbs, yay! That is fantastic! Keep it up and keep praising HIM, because without HIM nothing is possible.

Oh, you...
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options

It's funny how the ones demanding 100% tolerance are usually the most intolerant.

I too am a Christian.

In HIM we live and move and have our being.

I agree!
This discussion has been closed.