looking for low carb friends

Options
I am starting Atkins today and I am looking for other low-carbers friends. I have done Atkins in the past with some success but did not stay on the program (or any plan) long enough to see long term results. I am starting again today and need some help from other low carbers.

if you want to be my low carb buddy, friend me!

Replies

• kaleynichol
    kaleynichol Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been on a low-carb diet since July 2011 and have lost 32 pounds so far! I started out reading the New Atkins for a New You, got inspired, and started into Induction. (I stopped calling it Atkins, honestly, when everyone around me kept hissing and nay-saying. Now I generically refer to it as "low carb," although I give all my credit to the good doctor himself.) I've been in Phase 2 since then, keeping it between 40-60 carbs per day. (I didn't want to drop all the weight at once and end up all saggy. :P )

I recently went back on Induction for two weeks just as a refresher and it was sooo much easier this time, now that I'm used to this lifestyle. My saving grace has been www.sugarfreesheila.com... if you haven't heard of her yet, the site is FULL of amazing recipes and ideas! (And she lives by Atkins.)

Feel free to message me any time you need someone to complain to or ask questions, lol.
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The best low carb support that I have found is from the forums at www.forum.lowcarber.org there are forums for each low carb plan plus info on how to do the plans and how to troubleshoot a stall etc.
    GL
  • dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group

Join this group! And I sent you a friend request. :)