Your FAVE Book?

Options
ChantelleFowler
ChantelleFowler Posts: 208 Member
I am going to Vegas on the 19th of March so Im looking to d/l a ton of new books for me to delve into during the plane trip there and the 10 hr bus ride to/from the Grand Canyon! I read a little bit of everything and have read about 50+ books in the last year but always looking for suggestions! Go!

Replies

• _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Im not a huge reader, but I was entralled with Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons". Also another one, not a novel, but really great, is "The Book of General Ignorance"
  • carlie_carl
    carlie_carl Posts: 285
    Options
    Im not a big book reader, but Ive fully enjoyed reading Rhonda Brynes 'the secret' all about the way we think, its changed my thoughts I must say
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My favorite book is The Great Gatsby, but classics aren't for everyone. For intelligent entertainment value on a plane, I'd suggest The Hunger Games.
  • IdRatherBeReading
    IdRatherBeReading Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My favorites are White Oleander by Janet Fitch (A mom goes to prison for murdering her boyfriend and it goes through the transformation of her daughter from innocent child to independent angry teenager, and through different foster homes as she discovers herself. It's great, and the movie of it is great too) The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead (there are 6 in the series, plus Bloodlines which is the first book in a spin off series and also enjoyable) I also love pretty much everything by Sandra Brown (well, the mysteries, not so much on the romances) and Lisa Scottoline (she has 3 memoirs that will make you seriously LOL). Have a safe trip and enjoy your vacation!
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Anything from Ellen Hopkins...i HATE reading, but i love her books.
  • RhinestoneRocky
    RhinestoneRocky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy sci-fi books Anne McCaffrey is a fabulous author! I'm not a huge fan of the dragons of pern series but ...

The Tower & the Hive Series is excellent! First Book: The Rowan

The Crystal Singer Series; First Book: Crystal Singer

They are fairly fast reads and Anne has a marvelous way of creating worlds. They are her lesser known series and very entertaining.

Kim Harrison has a fantastic series called The Hollows. Starting with Dead Witch Walking. Very fun read!
  • alexandrrajane
    Options
    The Paris Wife - I think it's by Paula Mclain, or someone.. so good!
    Room -Emma Donoghue, bit slow to start with but really picks up!
    Sister - Rosamund Lupton :)

All really good books!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    She's Come Undone
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I love Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series, Harry Potter, Stieg Larsson's millennium trilogy, and a bunch of other random titles that I find at barnes and nobles. Currently reading the fear index and it's pretty entertaining. :)
  • Rodentranger
    Options
    Lamb by Christopher Moore
  • jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE John Grisham fan. Any sort of law or crime novel for me, although I have enjoyed Harry Potter, Twilight, and Vampire Diares. I've been hearing really good things about The Hunger Games so those may be next for me.
  • fj211
    fj211 Posts: 95
    Options
    It's hard to choose just one when you read about 40+ a year. (Looks like we're cut from the same cloth).

I really, really enjoyed George Martin's Song of Ice and Fire trilogy. The first one is the best--Game of Thrones. HBO has done a great job with the series so far.
  • textlikekisses
    Options
    A New Earth - Eckhart Tolle
    Harry Potter Series - JK Rowling
    Any of the Classics
    :)
  • archgrrrl
    archgrrrl Posts: 62
    Options
    I just finished The Magicians and The Magician King both by Lev Grossman. Couldn't put either one down!
  • CoachsWife4
    CoachsWife4 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm a 35 year old high school Enlish teacher and I secretly loved the Twilight books and the Harry Potter series. The 3 Hunger Game books are good. I'm a HUGE fan of Janet Evanovich's books - starting with "One for the Money" and continuing through the series. (They're light read, good story line, funny, etc...) I also love all the Alex Cross series books by James Patterson.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    "The Help" was an AMAZING book!! I couldn't put the thing down! !
  • Huskychemist
    Huskychemist Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I loved reading "Which Comes First? Cardio or Weights" by Alex Hutchinson. I learned a TON about fitness and nutrition.

Have a great trip.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    The History of Love by Nicole Krauss and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak are both EXCELLENT books!
  • shannon1120
    shannon1120 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein is my all time favorite book!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    If you like historical fiction, Pillars of the Earth is awesome. A nice long read for a plane trip.

You should check out Goodreads.com!