New to this site and think it is pretty awesome!

Options
Hey everyone! As my subject indicates, I am new to this site (and to be honest, to the whole sticking with a diet/exercise program thing as well). I really love the idea that this site lets me track my own progress, but what is even better for me, is the ability to see others and their struggles and progress. I am 28yrs old and started this journey at 258lbs (yikes, I know!). So far it has been really rewarding, yet really hard. I have a roommate and lots of very close friends who eat what they want, when they want. That can be a bit difficult at times. The worst part for me though, is the fact that none of them really ever want to work out with me or anything like that. I read so much stuff that says people who diet and exercise with friends keep with it better, but even my friends who work out a little seem to laugh at the idea of working out together whenever I suggest it. It is not the end of the world, and I still love them all to death; I just need to look for other forms of motivation to keep me going, and this site seems like it will be a really great one :)

Replies

• thewhiteswan78
    Options
    Hi there. I'm new on here, and I'm looking to have a few buddies so I can have some extra motivation, as I don't think I will keep up with the plan otherwise. I'm hoping to hit the gym soon, but I've been saying that since the start of the year!
  • peaches2snaps
    Options
    I seem to have that same problem, no one wants to get up and do anything! And even though I have also heard that if you have a workout buddy you're more likely to succeed, I actually really like going to the gym by myself because I can just get in the zone and not have to be concerned about anyone else! And I can stay as long or as short as I want, lol. But, on the other hand, it is nice to know that you're friends support you enough to go with you :/