shirataki noodles

Options
13»

Replies

• Jdhendricks
    Options
    I cant wait to try the bag I bought this weekend. :)
  • veniceit
    veniceit Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Funny I live in Canada, Toronto area and can get Shirataki noodles no problem at the Asian grocery store. But really hard to find any Mexican food as well.

Ven
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    They really have no flavor so you can add them to anything. They are a good filler and have no cals. You can buy them online at miraclenoodles.com and I think they even have rice now. I like the angel hair ones.
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I don't like the texture but you can get them at Shoprite...Hungry Girl brand
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I guess I made the mistake of trying to substitute them for pasta dishes, thanks to Hungry Girl. She had so many pasta recipes subsituting these noodles for regular pasta, so I tried them and I thought they were disgusting. I didn't like the texture, taste, anything about them and I ended up throwing out the entire meal. I had actually emailed Hungry Girl about it (this was before she got "famous") and she told me that "they weren't for everyone".
    But I'd never seen an Asian recipe for them, so maybe these are worth another try?

*Edit* - I just posted another thread about this - but this website sells them as well http://www.lindasdietdelites.com/
  • Mrsairforce
    Mrsairforce Posts: 130
    Options
    They have them at Whole Foods. I couldnt stomach them. BLECH
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    Calories are 20 and low carb and fat! Very good sub to the real thing. There is a odor at first but follow the diretions and it goes away and taste and the texture is the same. Try them!
  • TiffunnyM
    Options
    Hi! One of my co-workers who uses MFP has tried these not that long ago and she said that they don't smell good but once they are cooked and ready to eat they are really good. She said its definitely worth it! I myself have not tried them yet. Hope you enjoy!
  • traveller888
    traveller888 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Amazon.com - like some others have posted, but you can get them on subscribe&save which is 15% off and free shipping. You can cancel at any time. I'm going to try them.