Options
13»

Replies

• chiasports
    Options
    ill whoop anyone at table tennis lol!
  • southjerseygirl
    Options
    I have heard some great things about UFC Personal Trainer. It tests you and your level in the beginning and then advances as you advance in your level. Has anyone tried it. My cousin swears by boxing for losing weight.
  • southjerseygirl
    Options
    I just saw that you have the UFC Personal Trainer. I understand that it tests you in the beginning to see what your level is. Is this true - how often and how long do you do it per week? I'm looking for something for my 14 year old son to do and this looks like it would benefit us both.
  • silentviolet
    Options
    Kinect Sports season 2 tracks calories, but I don't think it's as fun.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I burn a ridiculous amount of calories using Kinect Adventures Rallyball and River Raft plus 15lb weights that I use between starting a new game plus running in place between rounds plus dancing the entire time. Dancing while playing of course ruins my score, but I'm not doing it for the score, I'm doing it to burn calories.
  • tsaustin
    tsaustin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM to calculate my calories.

Tarsha
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I just did the dance central with my sons tonight. We only did it for 15 minutes but my HRM said I burned 93 calories. We had to stop, apparently when your 16 playing call of duty is much more fun than dancing with mom
  • citydwellers
    Options
    Wow, great information. Thanks for sharing. Hubby and I just bought a Kinect basically for our grandkiddos' but it looks like we'll be using it more than they will :)
  • melbissonnette
    Options
    In 3 months I have lost 25 lbs by playing biggest loser (11/2 month) and your shape (1 1/2) on the xbox. I'm now aroud 135 lbs the smallest i have been for the last 10 years. Also my husband lost around 40 lbs only with the Kinect. It was an amazing tool for us and prettu fun but i have a hrm and this 2 games underestimate the burned calorie for both of us.

By the way i'm sorry for all the mistake I do in my message because I'm a french person and my English was not very good but I wanted to explain my I experience on this subject!
  • volcanogirl73
    Options
    I use the Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012. I started with the original a while back but upgraded. you have to make sure to enter your stats to get more accurate readings. I would burn about 200 calories an hour (I'm 168lbs).

I also do the Dance Centrals. I have to be careful because I have a bad back and can't jump around a lot.

Anyone can add me as a friend if you want! my gamer tag is Bad4URHealth73
  • justineavargas
    Options
    You can download the PlayFit app from the Kinect store. Having an xbox live account is free, all you need is to connect your router to the device through an ethernet cable, or buy an adaptor which will let you connect the internet wirelessly. It tracks all calories burned through games played on the Kinect.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You want a good burn on the Kinect?? I just rented Fighters Uncaged for the Kinect, it's a fighting game that uses your whole body, 10 min of playing and I am pouring sweat. It is an awesome workout for a video game, and helps get the fustration out and the adrenalin and heart rate way up, I have played for 30-45 minutes the last three nights, and I haven't been this sore in a long time. Next paycheck we are buying it for sure, and other suggestions or recomendations on other Kinect games, anybody play the sports game.

I was thinking of getting that game but didn't know if it would be good! Glad that you posted about it. I want to get Dance Central and Zumba for kinect too. I already have Kinect adventures and Sports season 1 & 2. I need a HRM.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You can download the PlayFit app from the Kinect store. Having an xbox live account is free, all you need is to connect your router to the device through an ethernet cable, or buy an adaptor which will let you connect the internet wirelessly. It tracks all calories burned through games played on the Kinect.

You have to pay for XBOX live. $60 per year or cheaper on Amazon.
  • rrlouis21
    Options
    Correction: You don't have to pay for Xbox live, but you can upgrade it for a cost.