Met with a trainer today

Options
toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
I joined a new gym, and with it I got a free training/orientation session. It was interesting, he told me a lot about how the body works and adjusts to the training you do. He said that strength training is the most important thing to do, inaddition to watching food intake and cardio.

Oh how I wish I was rich so I could afford a trainer full time. Even at the lowest he could go, which was half the originall fee, I still can't do it. :(

Replies

• Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    some trainers go on an hourly rate..

you could look for one of them, and just try an hour or two? ask as MANY questions as possible, and after he shows you what to do and how to do it, take the reigns yourself, and do it!

i know you have the motivation on your own.. you wont need someone sitting there telling you to keep going. once you know what to do, you dont need him anymore, right? :glasses:

good luck. and i still love the dog in your picture. :bigsmile:
  • cdwinters
    cdwinters Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My gym does group training where you pay $8 per hour and train with a group of people...the group allows for the lower cost. Might be worth checking at your gym to see if they offer this.

I love the picture of the dog as well. Is that a Boston Terrier?
  • 4mykids
    4mykids Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The gym where I used to go charges $30 / hour. I really didn't have the money either, but I said I would do it once a month for the first while. All the routines she gave me were ones I could do at home.

I think I need to start doing it again. If I go see her once a month, she changes my routine, helping my body not "get used to" the routine.
  • Teachmisskim
    Teachmisskim Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes look for a trainer that takes groups! We see a trainer twice a week for 10$ an hour (we go 1 hour at a time). There are 6 people in our group and we love it. She does like biggest loser workouts with us and I've been seeing her for 4 months now and I will never quit! It's worth it, especially for help with food, nutrition, and motivation. Look into it! :) And good luck!