Dreams do come true :)

Options
When I started this journey, I never in a million years thought I'd be able to lose the amount of weight I have lost. I started with small goals and have taken it one day at a time. In 10 months I have lost 69 lbs. One of my long term goals has always been to be able to wear a bikini. I haven't worn one since I got out of diapers, and I always have body envy of all the "skinny *****es" (as I like to call them) who can. I am happy to say that after 10 months of hard work and support from such a great community, I have really begun to transform not only my body, but also my way of thinking. I returned yesterday from Puerto Rico where I went on vacation with a few of my girlfriends. I purchased a few new bathing suits, some one pieces and some two pieces and I am hoppy to say I wore only the bikinis and felt great about it! I know that I have about 25 more pounds that I'd like to lose, but I can't let that stop me from celebrating this occassion. I have attached a few photos from "before" and some from this weekend...

Then...
march272011.jpg
jan20102.jpg
Dec2010.jpg

Now...
March20122.jpg
March20123.jpg
March2012.jpg
March20124.jpg

6295036.png

Replies

• ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Wow...what an amazing transformation! Great job! :0)
  • Embell0830
    Embell0830 Posts: 105
    Options
    You look fantastic, congrats on your progress so far and good luck with your journery. You definitely have the right attitude
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I totally understand the bikini goal. I too have been in the same situation--unable to wear a bikini since being out of diapers! You look great! I can't wait until I reach a bikini appropriate belly. I'm nearing it. I actually just went to the store the other day to try out bikinis for the first time. I look normal up top but below my ribs and down to my upper thighs it's still not public appropriate quite yet. I don't want to put a number on how many more pounds till I can wear a bikini so I'm basically going by what I look like.

Anyway, sorry for the long response, again great work!
  • dcashin90
    dcashin90 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You looked gorgeous then and you look amazing now. Good for you. :)
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    YEAY... You look great; and you look happy too. Love it.
  • meredithmom
    meredithmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic. Thanks for sharing, very inspirational.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing, congrats to you! You are an inspiration and you should be VERY proud.

P.S. You rocked that bikini ;-)
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    WOWSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very inspirational!
  • garyl7593
    garyl7593 Posts: 38
    Options
    WOW......great job :)
  • SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You look amazing ...can't see any stretch mark either ! what was your SW? ..if you dont mind me asking :)
    )
  • TLL09
    TLL09 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on rockin a bikini :)
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    well done
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC in your bikini! Go, girl!
  • anna_love
    anna_love Posts: 177
    Options
    u look so pretty
  • alaskan77
    Options
    Your hard work and diligence has paid off - you look phenomenal! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Congratulations!
  • lcteaches
    lcteaches Posts: 13
    Options
    Wow that's a great transformation - you are an inspiration - thanks for posting!!
  • imstartingwithme
    imstartingwithme Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! Can't wait until I can wear a bikini!!
  • Ratchett13
    Ratchett13 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous. You look incredible! I can't wait for the day I can feel comfortable in a bikini... you definitely have nothing to be ashamed of at all! Super Hot! Keep up the good work!
  • missmeliss169
    missmeliss169 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You look amazing ...can't see any stretch mark either ! what was your SW? ..if you dont mind me asking :)
    )

Thanks! My starting weight was 262 and I am currently 193. My goal is to be somewhere between 160 and 170. I am 5'8" and have a large frame so I think at that weight I will be roughly a size 6 or 8. I will readjust my goals once I get closer :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!