Replies

• briannw
    briannw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    With chopped almonds
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Thick cut oats with banana, cinammon and a little honey. Add water, microwave for about 4 min.
  • btb079
    btb079 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I use Old Wessex 5-grain cereal with 1 tsp of brown sugar and 1/4 cup of blueberries.
  • rasptorte
    rasptorte Posts: 29
    Options
    A little almond milk, a tablespoon of almond butter, some chia seeds and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
  • valeriedent2
    Options
    I like it all kinds of ways! There's recipies out there for baked oatmeal, which is divine!!

I'm on a kick right now where I put frozen mixed berries, cinnamon and chia seeds in the bottom of the bowl, dump a packet of instant maple and brown sugar or raisin, date and walnut oatmeal over top, add enough water to cover all plus a little extra, nuke it for a minute and add a splash of milk.

I prefer quick oats, or regular oats, to the instant oats, but I've been lazy lately. I need to get back to my baked oatmeal!!!
  • fasttrack27
    fasttrack27 Posts: 324
    Options
    Cinnamon, raisins, a dab of brown sugar, a splash of skim milk. Sometimes instead of brown sugar i'll use 1/2 scoop of Jay Robb chocolate protein powder (yummy!)
  • LovelyDayDay
    LovelyDayDay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    quaker oat brand with almond milk and 1/3 of a banana every other day for flavor. =) enjoy
  • sv1983
    sv1983 Posts: 23
    Options
    i usually put cinnamon and brown sugar in mine with whatever fruit i feel like tht day.. somedays i do apples other i do bananas or raspberries!
  • beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    Options
    One of my favorite ways to have oatmeal when I'm not running out the door to the office with a packet of instant IS:

Cut up an apple into chunk (I peel it and eat the peel, but up to you)

Add some instant oats over the top

Cinnamon to taste (a few tsp for me)

Add 2 Tbsp of Ground flax seed (high in fiber and omega 3s!)

Then add some boiling water, cover while it "cooks" and yumminess awaits!

SO delicious - SO filling. I love it!
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    I used to eat the Quaker Instant Raisin, Date & Walnut Oatmeal, but the sugar was INSANE... I've done Plain Oatmeal with a dab of Butter, dash of Cinnamon, and some Walnuts... No too shabby... : ))
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I take 1/2 - 1 cup of raw oatmeal and stir it into boiling water. Then I mix in 1 scoop vanilla or strawberry whey protein powder, and also 2 teaspoons of cheesecake flavored fat free, sugar free jello pudding mix.

The results is creamy, cheesecake tasting oatmeal that is high in protein, low in fat, and contains no sugar.

Takes 2 mins to prepare, and all you need is a bowl and a microwave.
  • SabrinaR10
    Options
    1/2 cup old fashion oats
    1 cup water
    1 Tbsp plain greek yogurt
    1 Tbsp sugar free jelly (I like blackberry)
    Optional: Stevia (with the jelly you may think it's sweet enough)

This mixture is amazing!! :)
  • nwilson1213
    nwilson1213 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats, 1/2 cup pure pumpkin, tsp pumpkin pie spice, walnuts, sweetened with a little honey or maple syrup. Almost better than pumpkin pie! :happy:
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Better Oats 100 calorie Maple brown sugar, minute 30 in the micro and done! Someday I may take the time to make it myself, but with busy mornings and getting kids off on the bus the instant is great
  • jhyan
    jhyan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    "How do you like your oatmeal?"

In cookies.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and a little brown sugar. Each bite is heaven in a spoon.
  • Jlopez201
    Jlopez201 Posts: 61
    Options
    Try Hodgson Mill Steel Cut Oatmeal. Steel Cut Oatmeal is much healthier for you and it is not processed as much as quick oats. Also I love it with Almond Milk and Bananas :) Good Luck with reaching your fitness goals.
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I like Quaker Old Fashioned Oats in microwave with milk and brown sugar. My sister uses steel cut oats and puts them in the crock pot the night b4 with cinnamon and sliced apples and it is ready to go in the morning.
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm Spunky. I like my oatmeal lumpy
    I'm sick wit dis, straight gangsta mack
    but sometimes I get ridiculous
    I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I'm Spunky. I like my oatmeal lumpy
    I'm sick wit dis, straight gangsta mack