New Workout DVDs

Options
Hey everyone :)

So, I'm coming up on my last few days of my 30 Day Shred, and I got to say, I am so so so so glad that I purchased that DVD and I would seriously recommend it to anyone who wants to lose weight, because it definitely works. When I finish my 30DS in a week, I won't be done with my weight loss 'journey' though, and doing a workout DVD has been really good with my schedule and how much time I have in the day to work out. SO, I was wondering if anyone could suggest any new DVD workouts I could do?

I really really REALLY love how the 30 Day Shred is set up, with the 3 levels and the cardio/strength training intervals. So, I'm really hoping I can find a DVD similar to that set up. Plus, I really like how the 30 Day Shred is only about 25 minutes long. I will most likely not be interested in doing a workout DVD that's longer than 40 minutes. I just don't have time for that. So, if anyone could suggest new, effective workout DVDs, I'd really appreciate it :)

Thank you!

Replies

• ginamaria724
    Options
    Please anyone?
  • ginamaria724
    Options
    Ok thanks for the help guys.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 is a similar workout. I haven't done the Shred, but many people said Ripped is tougher. I am doing Ripped in 30 now, and it is a tough workout. I lost 4 lbs already. It took me 4 months to lose 5 lbs previously.
  • rasptorte
    rasptorte Posts: 29
    Options
    How about Jillian's Ripped in 30. I'm still doing 30 Day Shred, but I've read on here that a lot of people do Ripped after the Shred. I think it has 4 levels, but I'm not sure. My plan is to try Ripped when I finish the Shred. So far I really like Shred and will continue with Jillian's workouts. I also supplement Shred with Yoga Meltdown, which is awesome.
  • alltacht
    alltacht Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Her no more trouble zones is great but with the warm up and cool down its 50 minutes.. Id say worth it though. Especially if youre looking to tone. Zumba Fitness Flat Abs is 20 minutes its also really good but ab focused. Id say go for the ripped in 30 though :) 30DS is great!
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Any of jillian michaels workouts r great!
  • SoapyPonyLevine
    SoapyPonyLevine Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Yes, I just finished the shred too and I think that her Ripped in 30 is a very natural progression. It has the same format as 30 day shred, because I also love the 3-2-1 system she does. Plus there are 4 levels instead of 3 so even more fun:laugh:
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Bought my son the 10 minute trainer from beachbody.com. It's 5 exercise routine for 10 minutes each plus the warm-up and cool down. The good thing about it is you can do 1 routine for 10 minutes or you can do a combination if you want to do more than 10 minute workout.
  • dmest
    dmest Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you liked 30DS, you'll really like Ripped in 30 too. She's also has a new DVD called Extreme Shed & Shred. I haven't done it yet but it was reviewed well in Fitness magazine. Another one I really like is Jackie Warner's Extreme Timesaver Training.
  • Moeblessings
    Options
    I haven't tried the 30DS, YET but I am also doing Jillian's No more trouble zones and am currently waiting for 6 week six pack in the mail. No more trouble zones is tough and I usually end up cursing her out in my head when I am doing it. She and I have a love hate relationship, I've decided! :wink:

I think any of her DVD's are great. I'm trying out her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD tonight, I'll let you know how that goes!
  • msenior
    msenior Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Banish fat is great, im addicted to it.
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm looking for something as well. I did 30DS and now using it to supplement my running training but in 5 weeks I need to come up with another training plan. It helps when I mix things up as I don't get bored. I'd be VERY interested in what you decide and what you think of it!
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Bump

I'm on day 5 of level three and I haven't decided where to go from here yet
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely LOVING JM's Killer Buns & Thighs. I'm on Day 5 of it and I can really feel the difference already! I love how it targets what it says on the tin! It still has HIIT and some yoga poses in the workouts.
    I like to combine this with her 6 Week 6 Pack on some days too- also another favourite. Both roughly 40mins long including warm-up and cool down.

I can't wait to see the results in a month's time!
  • Moeblessings
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Banish fat is great, im addicted to it.

I'll think of you tonight when I do it and feel the burn :sad: and I'll say "but msenior said this would be great!" :laugh: :laugh:
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I just started the Jillian Michaels 6 Week 6 Pack DVD and I must say it is definiately not as hard as I anticipated. Don't get me wrong, I was drenched in sweat and my HRM read that I'd burned 253 calories in 35 minutes - I guess I was sort of expecting a billion crunches, planks and situps. There's 2 levels on this DVD also, but I've only done the first level.

I also have Yoga Meltdown, but for some reason I think I've only done it once.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    IM with other posters, Ripped in 30 is really good and if you can fit in a longer one, No More Trouble Zones is great. It flies by so you really dont feel like it was 50 min workout
  • tabrom
    tabrom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    These days, I am swearing by Jillian Michaels' "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism" video (45 minutes- pylometrics, kicks, abs - straight cardio)! All of my friends, family, coworkers and now some of my group fitness instructors have remarked about not only the pounds but the inches I've lost since I've been on my 30 day challenge. Today is day 25. I have 5 more days to go (so excited!). A self-proclaimed "gym rat", I thought working out at home would be impossible (I must say that I still log the same number of hours in the gym). I love group fitness but thought I would try something new to get past a plateau.

Needless to say, I bought Ripped in 30, Shred it with Weights, 6 Week Six-Pack, Killer Buns & Thighs in the past two weeks and I just ordered Kickbox Fastfix from Walmart online today. I also have No More Trouble Zones and the 30 Day Shred (I did this video once) but haven't gotten hooked on them yet. The only one I'm missing is the Yoga Meltdown and the older ones (which I don't plan to buy). If JM can make me like Yoga, she would be AWESOME!

I'm going to Jamaica next month and Maui in May and this is probably the first time I have been "comfortable" putting on a 2-piece.

Good luck!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Go to collagevideo.com and search under the word "circuit" ........ there are TONS of videos. Collagevideo will have clips, reviews, it will tell you the length, the equipment required, if it has chapters, or premixes, music only option ....... LOADS of information.

I don't buy videos without checking this website first. Not a fan of Jillian, but I think Kelly Coffey Meyer is great. She has a whole series called 30 Minutes to Fitness .... each DVD has 2 workouts plus "premixes."
  • staceykoz
    staceykoz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Like everyone mentioned, after doing 30DS, I purchased Ripped in 30 and it was the perfect next step. Slightly longer. But I would highly recommend this one for you.

I also purchased Jillian's Boost Fat, Burn Metabolism which is intense cardio, no weights. Now that I've done all of Ripped in 30, I alternate between 30DS when I'm low on time, Ripped in 30, and Boost Fat, Burn Metabolism. I know the idea is to do 30DS and Ripped in 30 for 30 days straight and be done, but I definitely don't think there is any law that says you can't go back and redo them. All the levels in the 30 day videos work your muscles differently and I'm finding that alternating them is totally working for me. I still have in no way mastered the levels and am sweating like a pig after each level.