30 session Pilates challenge

Options
The promise of Joseph Pilates is that, "In ten sessions you will feel the difference, in twenty you will see
the difference, and in thirty you'll have a whole new body."  Anyone up for trying this with me? I am trying to do 30 sessions in 10 weeks.

Replies

• Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have done 6 sessions so far...now that I am counting. So four more until I feel different, 14 more until I look different. We'll see!
  • LucyLovely
    LucyLovely Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Are you going to a dvd or going to a class? I'll join your 30 session challenge, starting tomorrow>
  • Chunkydunker2skinnydipper
    Options
    me too! i am interested....do you have a DVD?
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    I am using a method precision Pilates DVD . It is a good mat workout.
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    Just did session 7
  • slporter3
    Options
    I'm up for this. I recently found that I love pilates and am so excited to make it part of my weekly routine. I didn't do it consistently last week, but beginning with March - I plan on doing it 3 X a week.

I love Leslie Sansone Walk DVDs and she has one "You Can Do Pilates". That is what I am using. It is definetely a beginner workout and she explains the moves carefully. My plan is to do the Mat Work and the Challenge part of the DVD (30 minutes total) and I found an upper body 10 Minute solutions online I am going to do too. A total of 40 minutes 3 X a week.

Are you going to take, or have you taken 'before' pictures and measurements?
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    I did take measurements, and here's the deal. I'll post before pictures, and measurements at the 10 session mark, the 20 session mark, and the 30 session mark.

I've got my first beach vacation since having a baby at the end of april and i want to get in 30 pilates sessions before I go.

Today I did session 8. I'm doing about 35 minutes of ab work. I have not been doing the leg work because I've been biking 5x a week and I feel like it's too much.

I can definitley feel like I'm stronger and more flexible than I was 2 weeks ago.
  • LucyLovely
    LucyLovely Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sorry it took me awhile to get into this. I have done 3 sessions of Winsor Pilates. I can't find the Pilates DVD that I have that I like. I might try one I found on Netflix.
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    Session 9 today. Even though I took 2 weeks off, I was still flexible and strong in the stomach.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I am a pilates addict. I do it every single morning, at home with dvds. I assure you that what he promised is true. I saw a difference, especially in my abs and butt, within 2 weeks of starting it in January of 2011. You will love it!
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    Thanks Katie! You give me hope! I brought my stuff with me today to work.
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    Just did session #10. I was surprised that even though I was sore, i seemed to be able to do all of the exercises except the teaser. My lower back feels like I pulled it a bit. Hopefully it is just temporary.
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    Just did session 11. This time I did the whole video, including the leg workout. I've been skipping it because I think I've got legs covered with the spinning. But I had some extra time and I thought I'd try it. I wonder if I'll ever be able to do the teaser without grunting. It seems unlikely.

Session 11: 55 minutes
    19 more to go before April 15.
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    Just did session 12. Made it through 4out of 5 teasers. Sounding like a grunting pig. Took a picture....but do not have the courage to post. Maybe when I have an "after" shot.
  • bkandisjj29
    bkandisjj29 Posts: 172
    Options
    Been doing a pilates abs dvd for 3 weeks, around every other day. My stomach looks so much better already!!! This is saying a lot considering my last baby wasn't born until nearly 42 weeks... and my belly looked AWFUL. I LOVE pilates!! :)
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I just want to recommend some awesome pilates dvds to you ladies. Here are my faves:
    1)Element pilates for weight loss with Brooke Siler. It says beginner, but I have been doing it for over a year, and it still gives me a great workout. I modify some of the moves because I am more intermediate, and I love the cardio segment.
    2) Ana Caban's Core Challenge by Gaiam. This is definitely more advanced, and it's different than a basic pilates mat routine. Doing pilates every single day can get boring, so it's good do do something different.
    3)10 Minute Solution Pilates with Lara Hudson. I just love it!
    4) Mari Winsor Pilates by Gaiam
  • bkandisjj29
    bkandisjj29 Posts: 172
    Options
    I use Lara's 10 minute solution too! I love it!
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    Session 13.... Done. Could not finish because my back was a little sore. But 33 minutes counts!
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    14 sessions down. Had trouble doing it this week, what with my husband out of town and busy work. Will try to be more dedicated next week.
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    Sessions 15 and 16 done...yesterday and today