What do you want for dinner? The ultimate question!

Options
rob_v
rob_v Posts: 270 Member
I hate that freaking question! So Id like to give something a shot. For the most part Im the cook of the house - I love to cook. That being said, I need some ideas of what to cook tonight - It will be Myself, My wife, and my 3 kids. First one to respond to this thread with a meal - thats whats I'm cooking for dinner (I'll post pics as well). Just nothing crazy like goat nuts (they are out of season right now), or liver. I hate liver! This is the like the MFP version of the show Chopped!
So bring it on - lets see what we can do.

Replies

• Zino1
    Zino1 Posts: 5
    Options
    from the weight watchers recipes ... i would pick the Asian meat balls on rice

low cal .. eassy to make
  • rob_v
    Options
    Should have thought this out more - looks like the only protein in the house right now is chicken.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make grilled scallops for the first time ever in my life. With a salad of organic greens and either rice or roasted potatos - if the potatos I have aren't seeded out. We also only have a scallops in the house right now. Low low grocery week so its an inventive recipe week for me.

I'd make lemon chicken scallopini for dinner if I had chicken. Here is the recipe:
    http://tofoodwithluv.blogspot.com/2011/10/creamy-lemon-butter-spaghettini-with.html

And if you think the butter and cream are too much fat, use broth instead of cream and cut the butter in half with some olive oil for good omega 3's.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I made a stir-fry!
  • rob_v
    Options
    Winner w/ the Fajitas! Starting the prep....thanks for the idea!

Tip for the seared scallops......HOT pan - light oil (or clear butter - no additives) put them on and LEAVE THEM ALONE. They will let u know when its time to flip them (by becoming loose) If they do stick - pour a little wine (the dryer the better) in the pan - that will allow them to unstick. Good Luck!
  • rob_v
    Options
    Prep done - marinating the chicken, start cooking in about an hr!
  • rob_v
    Options
    Killer dinner! Thanks for the idea!
    Also whipped up some salsa verde to use in place of sour cream.

20120307_201327.jpg
  • Zino1
    Zino1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Looks good!