Stretch Marks

Options
Over the past few months, I have gained a significant amount of weight in a very short period of time. Now I have bright pink, gross looking stretch marks all over my hips and stomach. is there anything i can do to make them go away or fade? i'm really young and don't have any kids...i'm not ready for stretch marks yet! :(

Replies

• paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Sorry but stretch marks are basically scars. They will fade over time just as a regular scar does. I have them really bad from my first pregnancy 13 years ago, pretty much all over my tummy. They are white now and are less noticeable but are still there. I believe they are laser type procedures that you can get but I'm not willing to spend that kind of money at this point. Maybe when I get to my goal weight.....
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've heard things like vitamin e, drink lots of water, exercise, etc. and they will FADE. I have them all over my breasts, thighs, love handles, etc. Now that I've lost weight, and they're not pink anymore, they're hardly visible.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    They're scars. They don't go away, they'll just fade over time.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing on my stomach, sides, and arms.

When I started losing weight, I began to rub Palmer's Coco Butter (a lot of pregnant women use this), and I definitely noticed a difference.

I've lost 20 lbs in two months and the marks on my arms are completely gone (or completely faded, I can't see them), and the ones on my stomach are far lighter than they were.
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I've heard there are some treatments while they're still pink. It doesn't get rid of them, but helps with the fading. Also, moisturizing might help.

Sorry m'dear, but they will get less noticeable. I went through a similar thing a few years ago and even got them on my arms. But they will fade.
  • mrslorrijackson
    mrslorrijackson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I used to ahve really horrible ones on my stomach and losing weight has helped them turn to white spidery drapy things but I work for an anestician who has blessed me with FREE laser treatements and they are almost gone completely. I couldn't do it if it weren't free but wow girls if you can afford it...do it!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I got them from just a growth spurt when I was like 15... I got like 8 inches taller in like a year!! just on my hips.. I just say the bear attack scars... They dont worry me in the least...
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I was very underweight as a child then blew up to overweight within a year when I hit puberty at the same time as I hit a growth spurt.... Long story short, I have stretch marks everywhere, but they are very light and white now that my skin has caught up with the rest of me. It did take a while tho.
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i have them all over. but they are really really old. like, 8 years old. but they dont stay red (mine were RED. ugh.) now they are kinda white/silver. to me they almost look shimmery so i dont hate them so much