i need help

Options
Lately I have been enjoying cheese fries smothered in ranch , i would eat this three times a day everyday for the last 2 weeks , well after eating my 1st plate this morning while watching the biggest loser I decided i really need to get back to this and finish strong, so for lunch my wonderful son made me a egg and ham sandwich on a thin bagel it was pretty good , and filling. I need your help guys to get back into this.

Replies

• LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Hang in there. Some days are harder then others, but hey there is always tomorrow :). Best of luck to you on our journey.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wow, the same thing 3 times a day for 2 weeks straight! You must really love the taste of that dish! There are a lot of delicious, even decadent foods you can work in to a healthy eating plan. But, I don't think cheese fries with ranch can be done in a healthy way. Maybe someone else knows how.

Maybe try splitting your calories so 80% of them are the healthiest food you can possibly enjoy eating, and the other 20% give to discretional food. That's a good strategy and it helps me keep from craving really bad stuff because I'm not feeling deprived.

Don't eat food you don't love, but don't let any one dish take over your life. There are so many wonderful foods out there to experience and enjoy the taste of, don't cheat yourself out of the spice of life - Variety!
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I find that when I "go off the wagon" one of the best ways to get back on is to go into MFP and actually LOG IN what I ate. I am usually so shocked by the total that it gets me back into it real quick.

Figure out (as best you can) EXACTLY how many calories are in one of the cheese-fries-with-ranch meals you have been having. Then go into yesterday's food diary and put it in three times (assuming that you ate it three times yesterday) along with anything else you ate yesterday and see what the total is. Then put in today's calories with one meal of cheese-fries-with-ranch and one meal of the sandwich you had and see what the total is. See if it is possible to still be under your calorie goal for today -- if you have a light dinner and get some exercise I bet you can do it!

Hang in there ...
  • celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    saying this is hard but it is the truth , going to the store I would buy a 72 slice of single cheese and 6 bags of fries and it only lasted a couple of days , though i am not the only one in my house that eats this , i think i ate most of it by myself , wow i think i feel worse admitting that
  • kaetra
    Options
    How many calories is one of your cheese/ranch fries plate?
  • celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i would say about 1000 calories
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    Perhaps to ease out of them you could modify the recipe? Use fewer fries, use a light sprinkle of reduced fat cheese, and mix ranch powder with yogurt?
    Then portion out how much you'll eat and put the rest away for later.
  • kaetra
    Options
    Are you eating it because you love it that much? Is the taste worth it? Is it worth undoing everything you've worked for so far?

Can you switch it for something taste-comparable? A baked potato with some reduced fat cheese and a squeeze of reduced fat ranch or a sprinkle of the dry ranch dressing mix?
  • HenryHancock
    Options
    I think this is what you need: as suggested by others, you should really take the time - just once - - REALLY - to actually read the ingredient labels, measure and calculate 100% of what this meal contains. don't cheat, just record it factually. 100%. You may also want to go to "settings" and click on salt (and sugar, though doesn't sound like much in this particular meal) - so you can begin to track those as well as calories, carbos, etc. If I had to guess, I'd think this meal might be well over your 1,000 calorie estimate. Then after logging it correctly for past days, take a look at your message "if every day's like this you'll weigh ____ by x date" and ask yourself if that's what you really want. Then take long a walk to get some fresh air, come home, and log your walk into the system. Then, begin to log what you eat into the system BEFORE each meal, not after ! By logging before you eat, you can see the impact of what you're eating (BEFORE you eat it), and change your mind / delete items / replace them with other better items before you actually eat. This will help you make much smarter food choices. And even a 15 minute walk each day is better than nothing ...
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    saying this is hard but it is the truth , going to the store I would buy a 72 slice of single cheese and 6 bags of fries and it only lasted a couple of days , though i am not the only one in my house that eats this , i think i ate most of it by myself , wow i think i feel worse admitting that

Okay -- lets say you ate half and the others in the house ate half over two days. That means eating 1/2 bag of fries and 18 slices of cheese every day -- plus ranch dressing.

Per the MFP database (I am guessing as to exactly what you had but this is an example):

1/2 bag of Ore-Ida- Extra Crispy Fast Food Fries = 2115 calories
    18 slices of Kraft Singles = 1260 calories
    9 tablespoons of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing (assuming 3 tablespoons per meal) = 1260 calories

Total per day: 4,635 calories.

Facing up to reality is the first step .... and you have already started that step by writing this post.
  • angelashay42
    Options
    I think this is an emotional problem you're having. I think you're over-eating because you're stressed or depressed. You need to deal with your emotions first and foremost. Try to find out what's making you feel the need to over-eat and work on feeling better. You can do it. Just remember that nothing tastes as good as skinny/healthy feels.
  • kaetra
    Options
    You are a mom. You gotta take good care of you, you are important! AND you are beautiful and you are worth it.

Those stupid fries ain't worth jack diddely squat. Flip those fries the bird next time you open the freezer or walk by them at the store.
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    omg that sounds sooooo good right now, but then again, anything sounds good 1 week into a full liquid diet.

You can do it.
  • nmj1988
    nmj1988 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Its going to be hard but you have to start exercising, and once you actually working at it, you'll think why would you want to spoil everything you have accomplished. Working out is hard work, and it takes committment, however you'll have a different mind set. Goodluck, deep fried food is my pleasure, but i work damn to hard for this body lol
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options

Those stupid fries ain't worth jack diddely squat. Flip those fries the bird next time you open the freezer or walk by them at the store.

^^ Like. Also, I would like to know who the blue eyed man is on your ticker!!! :happy:
  • kaetra
    Options

^^ Like. Also, I would like to know who the blue eyed man is on your ticker!!! :happy:

My blue eyed man? Ahh if only he were mine -(no offense to my husband!) That's Noel Fielding from The Mighty Boosh
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    "EAT TO LIVE, DON'T LIVE TO EAT"!!!!......You can kick this in the A** !! Good Luck!!
  • kantone999
    kantone999 Posts: 174
    Options
    Hmmm. If you can't give 'em up, make 'em skinny is what I always say. Do without them for a week or two (to forget the full-fat version's flavor). Try oven baking the fries brushed with a little olive oil instead of frying. Use fat free ranch and fat free cheddar and mozzarella blended. At least it's lower cal!
  • louannmorden
    Options
    I know where you are coming from but you need to get your faimly and friend on board with you it seem to help that i have it . I here for you if need someone to talk to good luck on you weight lose
  • dad040859
    dad040859 Posts: 66
    Options
    As you can tell, we're all amateur Sigmund Freuds when it comes to this issue. We've all been there; truth is, our minds and our bodies become creatures of habits. That first plate of fries tasted great, and your mind and body both sent you a message saying "Yes! Let's do this again real soon!" which you did. Each day, though, you have to admit, was not nearly as great as that first day; the guilt continued to grow to the point where you reached out to your MFP friends and asked for help. We can give you all kinds of advice, but like Dorothy in Oz, the help you need resides in you! You have the power to say no, you have the power to say "My life and my health are more important than a plate of fries." We are all responsible for ourselves; it's one of the things I love about MFP - I have to be honest with myself and bare my soul to my friends. If you take away nothing else from all these posts, please know that we believe in each other, and we believe in you.