Know of a good Pedometer wrist watch?

Options
I have been looking and looking. I've seen expensive and cheap, in stores and online. What I want is one I can depend on. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Replies

• anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    I have a polar FA20 and I love it - It is idiot-proof. Strap it on and go and it gives you your calories for the day (which you can compare to the rest of the week) and you can time training sessions as well. Does not have a heart rate monitor, though - I wasn't looking for one. The women's only comes in white. The cute part is that there is this animated dude on it who walks and runs when you do. If you don't move for a while, he sits down and sleeps. Got it from Amazon. Hope this helps.
  • eirelav26
    eirelav26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on the search for one as well. I got a free one from my work's walking program but it didn't count accurately and my dog ended up chewing on it!
    I did a search today and came across a pedometer that can go in your pocket rather than attached to your belt. All the reviews have been very well. It's Omron HJ-112 I believe...you can look it up on Amazon or Walmart had it available to order too. I haven't ordered it yet but I do plan to. good luck!:wink:

ETA: It's only like $25 on Amazon I believe! Not bad for something that lots of folks say is accurate!
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    Options
    I have a polar FA20 and I love it - It is idiot-proof. Strap it on and go and it gives you your calories for the day (which you can compare to the rest of the week) and you can time training sessions as well. Does not have a heart rate monitor, though - I wasn't looking for one. The women's only comes in white. The cute part is that there is this animated dude on it who walks and runs when you do. If you don't move for a while, he sits down and sleeps. Got it from Amazon. Hope this helps.

THANKS for this info, every one I have had failed to maintain accuracy.....I know there were a few other members looking for a good one as well so hopefully they'll see this too!