Red team week 11

Options

Replies

• vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thank you Vanimami, And because you wished me luck, I got it. They are waiting for my background check to come back and I can start.
    And I bought a home scale, so either the scale is wrong or I'm nuts I went down to 215. But I feel so bloated??? Maybe its the heat?

Good job this week guys.

CONGRATULATIONS, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! You must be ecstatic, I'm glad my extra luck helped you out on that one :bigsmile:
  • anglbebe
    anglbebe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Angelbebe congrats on getting the job :drinker:

Simsusan hope you recover soon :flowerforyou:

Mel, welcome back and I know what you mean my whole week in New Orleans I was eating out for every meal.....and now that I'm back home I'm still binging I ate 6 yeast rolls today so I have been on a carb wagon :sad: :sad: anyhoo have fun at the amusement park and stay away from the funnel cake (my favorite ahhhh) :bigsmile:

Thank you. :blushing:

Oh gosh I know what you mean for the past week I have been STARVING. I think it's because I stopped using the slimfast. It curbed the hunger So I may need to get more. I have also been lazy on the whole logging thing. :angry: I think I would have done ALOT better had I been logging. So today I force myself back on the wagon. Up I go!
  • vanimami
    Options
    Good job everyone on their success! It sounds like everyone is one track. I'm still recovering from my vacation so I'm eating well, BUT...the exercise is another show. I didn't work out at ALL yesterday (mostly because of a tummy ache), but I did mow the lawn, so I have to take credit for that, don't I :tongue: Anyways, I haven't been able to work out on my lunches because I have to run home, so that takes another 40 minutes away from me :grumble: But today I promised myself that no matter what, I will go to my spinning class and work out AND when I get home I will take my dog for an hour long walk...ok, let's hope I keep up with this plan and follow through, I don't want to disappoint on my next weigh in. :frown:
  • andrea09
    andrea09 Posts: 124
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! I did not weigh in on Monday due to my big 30th birthday! So I just decided to skip this week. I had no cake for my birthday! Talk about will power....it was so darn hard....oh well I have had cake for the past birthdays and I know how it tastes so I did not need it.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful week! :flowerforyou:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Angelbebe - Grats on the new job!!

Andrea - Happy birthday. I don't know how you didn't have cake, if it was my birthday I definately would eat some. :laugh: Great job on resisting temptation.

Mel - Welcome back! And good job on not gaining while you were away =)

Finally the scale is starting to come back down! Hopefully next week I'll break even and I can continue to work on getting out of the 200's. Two days without soda and the headaches are so annoying. :grumble: I haven't logged in a few days... partially because I just fixed my sleep schedule and I never had figured out where to log when your awake from 9pm-11am :laugh: and I have no food left in the house and no money so I haven't been eating very much or often. So I gotta get back to logging and keeping my calories in check.

Hope everyone is rocking this week! :drinker:
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Andrea - Happy Birthday!!!!!! And wow - no cake! Awesome. I would not be able to resist that. :smile:

Andrea - Congrats on the job! :smile:

Vani - I have faith you'll get back into your workout routine. I took today off since technically I'm on vacation from Sunday to Friday... even though I'm home today. haha. oh well. It won't kill me.

Liz - glad to hear things are starting to get back to normal... :flowerforyou:
  • anglbebe
    anglbebe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! I did not weigh in on Monday due to my big 30th birthday! So I just decided to skip this week. I had no cake for my birthday! Talk about will power....it was so darn hard....oh well I have had cake for the past birthdays and I know how it tastes so I did not need it.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful week! :flowerforyou:

Happy Birthday Andrea. Feels weird saying that.... HEHE.
    No cake on your birthday!!! :smooched: <<I'll use that one considering there isn't one exploding from shock!
    That is some willpower. Your definitely my hero. :flowerforyou:

Lizagna: Thanks I can't wait to start. Seems like everything is FINALLY falling into place. :happy:
    And good to hear your getting back to normal. And I have been there with small amount of food in the house. Makes it hard to over eat.

nevermorex: Thank you!
  • Das_Modell
    Das_Modell Posts: 167
    Options
    My b-day is next month...but im gonna eat my cake :tongue: . The bakery we always use has great tasting cake
  • vanimami
    Options
    My b-day is next month...but im gonna eat my cake :tongue: . The bakery we always use has great tasting cake

I would never sacrifice cake on my b-day! If there's a day to cheat, it should be that day! However,good job Andrea to commiting and saying now. I don;t think that would happen for me :embarassed: :sick: :embarassed:
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    Options
    I agree with you ladies...Andrea has great will power! My son's b-day is July 31st and I KNOW I'm going to have a slice of cake, well honestly probably 2 slices :blushing: (but I get the white cake bc it has no egg yolks and we do whipped icing bc it's not as sweet) so hopefully these small changes makes a big difference in cals and sugar :huh:
  • JustAnotherGirl
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Wow, I cannot believe that it is going to be Friday already!!:happy: I have been trying to be very good about my calorie intake, because my husband and I are going on a little trip to the midwest in two weeks (for a friends wedding and to visit family) and I KNOW that I will be eating a lot of junk!! But hey we all need a break every now and then. I am planning on running again next week, if all goes well. I hope that you all have a safe and healthy rest of the day and hopefully I will be back on here sometime this weekend.

-Mack
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Oops, I too posted in the old thread. My weigh in was 214.
    I am soo glad that it is Friday, I have a migraine and being at work is intollerable! I hope everyone had a good week, and have a great week next week. See you all Monday! :flowerforyou:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    Happy friday everyone!

I stepped on the scale this morning... I'm back at 204, exactly where I was at the beginning of last week before I bloated up. Hooray! Now its really back to work - I HAVE to be under 200 by a little bit for my anniversary in about 4 weeks. I was originally hoping to be in the low 190's/early 180's but oh well. As long as I'm under 200 I'm happy... haven't been there in 5 years. Next goal after that is to get back to my high school ending weight of 180-185 before the bf's birthday in November. This should be easy assuming I don't have a lot of weeks like these past 2..:laugh:

Tomorrow my dad is taking me on a corvette cruise (him and around 20 other corvettes cruising up the freeway to Flagstaff - about 2 hours). We're going to Walnut Creek Canyon and going hiking and goofing off, having lunch and coming back home. I'm so excited... haven't been hiking since I was 12, hope my knees can handle it!

Hope everyone is rockin those pounds off! Stay strong this weekend and lets all kill the weigh-ins on monday! :happy:
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    It sounds like everyone is having a good week. I started the 30 day shred this morning and my legs feel like jello. I thought I was not going to make it up the steps to take a shower :laugh: I can't believe how weak I am. I had to stop so many times throughout the work out. But I'm going to stick with it:glasses:
    I'm a little worry about next week. I have a Math training Monday-Thursday (I'm a teacher). And I know we're going out to lunch on those days, plus I will be sitting for at least 8 hours a day :grumble: I'm not even sure if i'll be able to squeeze workouts in. I hate training because it drains me out. When I'm teaching at least I'm active and walk around and interact with the kids. I teach kindergarten, so believe me, I'm moving all the time!
    Anyway, have a great weekend,
    yessie
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Hi everyone... just stopping by to say hello. I don't have much to say. I'm sick and having some personal issues (sound familiar...? ugh). But, as usual, I'll just keep chugging along.
  • MelL1205
    Options
    And I totally blew it today... for me, boredom=baking. I love to bake. I typically don't eat the stuff I bake (being diabetic and all.... I tend to give it away). But today I definitely had a few too many treats. :grumble:

Whatever. Life will move on.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    Sorry to hear your sick again Mel :cry: I hope you start feeling better soon!

I rocked today! My knees made it through the hike - 90 minutes of hiking - just had to stop about 3 times on the way back up the cliff. I think this was the best and most fun workout I've done in a very long time haha. So when the temps start dropping in the valley I think I'm gonna start hiking as much as I can :happy: We went to a restaurant afterwards and I had a western chicken sandwich (grilled chicken breast with american cheese, bacon, and BBQ sauce).. I pulled the bacon off, and opted for fruit cup instead of french fries! I ended up with about 560 calories give or take a little... not bad at all for restaurant food I think! And I burned more than that hiking into the canyon :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MelL1205
    Options
    :smile: Liz, wow that sounds awesome! And, great job on the restaurant - that's awesome too!

p.s. thanks!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    I wanna go back and hike it again today! LOL Too bad its a 2 hour drive away from where I live

IMG_7003.jpg
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Boy what a week. I am so pooped. and definately NOT looking forward to weighing in tomorrow. I have been bad, especially yesterday cause it was my birthday. (and happy belated birthday, andrea, by the way!) uuuuggghhhhh i don't wanna weigh lol